Scales? BLAH!

Options
So I have been weighing myself with the same scale at the gym. The gym that I go to has rearranged their facility and moved it! There was another one, so I decided I would hop on that one..

It told me I weighed 169! I am normally 160/159..

I know the number doesn't really matter but what should I do??

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Go find the other scale. Stay away from that one. :flowerforyou:
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    depends on what type of scale it is... if its a scale that uses weights to counter balance your weight (the ones you see in the doctors offices) then that type of scale is pretty accurate...

if it is something other than that such as a spring or digital... then those vary due to calibration and wear and tear...

my advice, if its a spring/digital... compromise and half the reading differences (165lbs) and go by that

if its the counter balance scale... the scale you were using most likely wasn't accurate...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Grab a free weight at the gym and put it on the scale. If the scale says the weight weighs the amount it's supposed to then it is accurate!
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    Grab a free weight at the gym and put it on the scale. If the scale says the weight weighs the amount it's supposed to then it is accurate!

wow simple yet genius!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

wow simple yet genius!

Why thank you. :tongue:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I tend to not trust any scales at the gym or doctor's office because they aren't calibrated frequently enough to keep up with the amount of use. I had to go to the doctor this Sunday, for example, and even though I had been sick and hardly eating enough for an entire week (should have LOST weight not meeting my calorie goal or working out...) that stupid thing registered 149 pounds. I haven't weighed that much in almost a year, before doing P90X, before doing Insanity, and before changing my eating habits. So I got home, slipped off my shoes, and saw that the scale was saying 142 just 2 hours after the doctor's scale lied to me.

I don't think they have HAVE to calibrate those things in doctor's offices, let alone gyms, except *maybe* once a year.
  • kelsiemojean
    kelsiemojean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Genius! Thanks!