Potluck tomorrow! Need ideas! Low Cal/Gluten free

Options
jsecret
jsecret Posts: 606 Member
Looking to make something for our work pot luck tomorrow (yea I know, kinda last minute!). I want to make something healthy/low cal since there hardly ever is and me and my one co worker end up not eating anything since we are watching our calories. So I'd like to make something to share that her and I could eat - however for her it needs to be gluten free.

Ideas?

Replies

• Harnar
    Options
    Pnut Butter Cookies

1 cup sugar
    1 cup of pnut butter
    1 egg
    Bake at 350 for 9 mins. let set one min before taking off cookie sheet, Gluten free, i'm a celiac as well.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I made these for a work potluck last week: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/tomato_basil_skewers.html

Easy and very few ingredients!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If it is an appetizer that new spinach artichoke hummus with gluten free crackers would be delicious. If it is a desert the health food section has boxes for gluten free brownie (high calories, though). A main dish might be chicken breasts on a bed of long grain and wild rice - you can cook it all in a crock pot and keep it warm. There is also all greens salad served with chopped seasoned chicken breast on the side - you can have whatever kinds of low cal dressings and toppings to go with as well. I usually bring turkey chili because I know what is in it and I know I can eat one serving and be filled - making it easy for me to calculate the calories.

Vickie
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If it is an appetizer that new spinach artichoke hummus with gluten free crackers would be delicious. If it is a desert the health food section has boxes for gluten free brownie (high calories, though). A main dish might be chicken breasts on a bed of long grain and wild rice - you can cook it all in a crock pot and keep it warm. There is also all greens salad served with chopped seasoned chicken breast on the side - you can have whatever kinds of low cal dressings and toppings to go with as well. I usually bring turkey chili because I know what is in it and I know I can eat one serving and be filled - making it easy for me to calculate the calories.

Vickie
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just made a great fruit salad... really easy: Cut up mango into small cubes, add fresh blueberries and pomegranite and toss. It's addictive and festive.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Pasta salad!! --- ronzoni smart taste pasta--rotini or penne--one box--1 red pepper--1 green pepper--1 tomato--1cucumber---McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning to taste and low fat Italian dressing--about half a bottle!! Everytime I make this everyone loves it! plus it wont kill your diet!!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - keep 'em coming!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Veggies with Dip! :smile: