Fitness After Cesarian

Before I got pregnant, my goal was to get back into great shape. I was nearly there, got pregnant and have had a cesarean and a wonderful new baby. Yay. However...I am less than pleased with the shape of my body at this point. I was depressed after talking to the doctor during my check-up because I asked if/how to best handle getting rid of my belly-fold. While she said "Lots of celebrities do it" and other maybe-you-can things, the look on her face when I asked was doubtful. So here I am, asking for help and tips for doing so. I've frankly lost touch with my body since the surgery and just want to feel confident in my body again. I'd like to get rid of the belly fat, the fold sagging over the scar and maybe even regain the elasticity of the skin on my belly. I'd like to look and feel the way I did wearing that red dress which stopped conversations and made jaws drop. I'm just not certain how to do so other than do what I'd been doing before the pregnancy, but somehow I feel like that's not going to be enough.

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Lift heavy things. Low reps. Eat healthy.

I have a child born through csection and the fold has never disappeared but the rest looks fantastic. Lifting heavy will help you fill out your skin. My skin will never snap back but lifting is the only thing that has helped.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Look into New Rules of Lifting for Woman and or Stronglifts 5x5. Great lifting programs. I did 30 Day Shred too after having my youngest and that was a good, cheap alternative to the gym as I didn't have the gym in my budget. It allowed me to work out at home too.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    I still and will always have my belly from 2 c-sections. Watch your calories and continue to exercise, it will get smaller. Its a reminder of the precious life you brought into this world. :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    the folds rarely disapear from females thats had c-sections .. but you wont know until you try for yourself :P see what miricales your body can do
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Moar muscles.

But seriously, muscle will help make everything look better.

I have had two c-sections and have just started lifting again (have lifted for a long time though, but my baby is 8 months and I started lifting again when he was 7 months). My profile picture is where I am at now, and I have a long way to go, but muscles and lifting change the shape and look of you body.

Cardio has it's place too though!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    i do any exercise even lift
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Moar muscles.

But seriously, muscle will help make everything look better.

I have had two c-sections and have just started lifting again (have lifted for a long time though, but my baby is 8 months and I started lifting again when he was 7 months). My profile picture is where I am at now, and I have a long way to go, but muscles and lifting change the shape and look of you body.

Cardio has it's place too though!
    your in pretty nice shape to had 2 c-sections and yes lifting and cardio even a bit of ab work tightens skin :)
  • Ambrosia29
    Ambrosia29 Posts: 40 Member
    I concur, you look awesome for having had a cc!
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    I have had 3 cc. I am just in the process of losing weight but I am amazed hoe my stomach is changing already. Must lift weights, lol.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    I have had two c-sections and after each one I would walk/run on the treadmill or pushing the jogging stroller to help get me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The cardio in the beginning really helped shed the weight. I would also focus on core exercises as well.

Like another poster, I totally recommend Jillian's 30DS. Its an awesome workout! It can really help jumpstart your fitness goals. She also has a ton of other great DVD's. No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Six Week Six Pack...etc.

I like to combine one of her more cardio focused DVD's, with one that is more focused on strength for a great workout.

Good luck!! You can do it! :smile: