Need help with % split fats proteins carbs

Options
I'm 19 I weigh about 151 I'm 5'7 I hit the gym 5-6 times do at least 20 mins of cardio and then hit the weights
Barely started taking amp wheybolic 60 just to try out I've been losing weight and gaining some lean mass on the c50 f30 p20 even though I go over and under them anyways in a 1500 calorie intake I used to weigh 160 when I did no healthy eating or exercise but changed my diet and got active and dropped ended up at 148 now 151 or 152 with the weight lifting wish I new my body fat % so I no what the right amount of proteins carbs and fats I need I really wanna get lean and lose more weight wondering if a 40c 40p 20f would be good or something different any suggestions ?? Help :s

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Fat is important so don't drop it too low.

Commonly recommended minimum us are:
    0.35 g fat per lb of body weight.
    1g protein per lb lean body mass

A common ratio is 40c:30p:30f but this will depend on your calorie goal.
  • keithrose1614
    Options
    I run 40 Carb, 40 protein, and 20 fat myself but I am more interested in a lean muscle gain then losing weight. I would ignore your weight and measure yourself by looking in the mirror. Muscle weighs 2.5 times fat so as you gain muscle you may gain weight but that is a good thing, so look at yourself in the mirror as you will be able to see the positive changes.

40,40,20 should work well for you for lean muscle gain and personally i like to see women with some muscles, compared to a very skinny girl with no tone/muscle.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm at 30 protein, 25 fat, 45 carbs, and I tend to change the goals every couple weeks. I don't know how much it matters though, since the weight figures fluctuate daily based on exercise.

In your particular case I'd suggest punctuation.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You should get the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. The author recommend 40 (carbs)-30-30. Also just a heads up if you're looking to lose body fat and gain lean muscle mass you need to eat at your maintainence level.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for energy and optimal health, you need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, which tends to drive your carbohydrates higher. I eat about 80% from carbohydrates on average.
  • jodyweaves
    Options
    Are you sure that's right? At that calculation, I'd need almost 73g fat per day! That means my calories would need to be over 1/2 fat. No way am I consuming that much fat, lol.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Fat is important so don't drop it too low.

Commonly recommended minimum us are:
    0.35 g fat per lb of body weight.
    1g protein per lb lean body mass

A common ratio is 40c:30p:30f but this will depend on your calorie goal.

This. Hit your minimum protein and fat goals. beyond that it's totally up to you and how you want to structure it so long as you're still at a caloric deficit. Some individuals will respond better to higher fat, some higher carb. %'s don't really matter since it's all individualistic.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    If you are looking for energy and optimal health, you need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, which tends to drive your carbohydrates higher. I eat about 80% from carbohydrates on average.

Because you cannot attain energy and optimal health otherwise....?
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    everyone is very different. I put some people on about 35% carbs and some on 5%. 50% from protein though is pretty standard for me. If youre doing 50% from protein then how you fill out carbs and fat won't make a big difference as long as youre getting a bit of both
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

One very common thing i hear when talking to people who have switched to a whole foods, plant based diet, especially one heavy in raw fruits and vegetables, is how much energy they have. I experienced this myself. So often, people THINK they are living optimally, until they actually open their minds up to the possibility that some of the things they think they know, are wrong, and actually give a proper diet a trial run.

You have never tried it.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Forget ratios as they do not account for sufficiency. Protein at 1g/lb of lean body mass and fat at 0.4g/lb of total body weight are good starting points. The rest of your calories can come from any mix of the 3 p/c/f which you prefer. Just trial and error.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

One very common thing i hear when talking to people who have switched to a whole foods, plant based diet, especially one heavy in raw fruits and vegetables, is how much energy they have. I experienced this myself. So often, people THINK they are living optimally, until they actually open their minds up to the possibility that some of the things they think they know, are wrong, and actually give a proper diet a trial run.

You have never tried it.

I would LOVE to see how "optimal" your testosterone levels are on an 80/10/10 diet. Would you be so kind as to show this? Oh and the fact that on a low fat diet you're more than likely missing out on essential nutrients which require fat to be absorbed properly. But yea.. optimal like optimus prime.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 I weigh about 151 I'm 5'7 I hit the gym 5-6 times do at least 20 mins of cardio and then hit the weights
    Barely started taking amp wheybolic 60 just to try out I've been losing weight and gaining some lean mass on the c50 f30 p20 even though I go over and under them anyways in a 1500 calorie intake I used to weigh 160 when I did no healthy eating or exercise but changed my diet and got active and dropped ended up at 148 now 151 or 152 with the weight lifting wish I new my body fat % so I no what the right amount of proteins carbs and fats I need I really wanna get lean and lose more weight wondering if a 40c 40p 20f would be good or something different any suggestions ?? Help :s

Ahhh macros they are so very personal what you denoted is a great starting point log observe learn adjust depending on routine