Trying to Find my way again...

Options
Hello MFP community. a year ago, I was doing great. MFP was just amazing and the stubborn lbs that I thought would never come off, just melted off of me. For the first time in ten years I actually saw numbers on the scale under 200 and even 190 lbs! But then life happened. Unpredictible life.. My husband lost his mother than shortly afterward, I learned my mothers cancer had returned. It was only four months later that I got the unexpected call from my father that she had passed away in her sleep. My heart is still broken and I still cry all of the time. I have some how managed to maintain my promise to her by staying in college but now I want to maintain the promise to me..... to lose the weight and gain health for myself. I have to lose this weight! Statistics state that pregnant mothers with Gestational Diabetes, have a VERY high risk for developing type two diabetes in 8 to 10 years if they do not maintain a healthy body weight. My son will be four this October. Time is ticking.

I need encouragement, support and love. I feel alone in this, no one in my family is doing this but me. I am afraid of failure and disgusted by the whopping 18lbs that I had gained back :(

thank you for taking the time to read. Be well :D

Replies

• IluraMisalle
    Options
    Hey girl, please know that you are not alone. I went through it too, as you well know. I feel the same way too. I am back up to 209lbs if you can believe that! It breaks my heart. We have to forgive ourselves and accept the fact that these circumstances were not our faults. We were not in control of the situation and we did the best we could. Now we are both in a place where we can start again. I am so proud of you for not giving up! You are such a strong woman. Lets do this together chica! I love ya. <3
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    SORRY for your loss.....Kudos to you for coming back!! I know exactly how you feel.... When you're dealing with so many personal issues, the last thing you want to do is worry about what you're eating/drinking. I recently lost my grandma to cancer. I was devastated! We were very close.... I managed to gain back all the weight I had lost. :( Now, I'm determined to be the woman my grandmother always knew I could be. Most importantly doing this for me! :)
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement. I really love your approach to life and things. You are wise beyond your years sweet lady! We can do this! Thank you for helping me as always my bestie! love ya more than a fat kid loves cake!
    Hey girl, please know that you are not alone. I went through it too, as you well know. I feel the same way too. I am back up to 209lbs if you can believe that! It breaks my heart. We have to forgive ourselves and accept the fact that these circumstances were not our faults. We were not in control of the situation and we did the best we could. Now we are both in a place where we can start again. I am so proud of you for not giving up! You are such a strong woman. Lets do this together chica! I love ya. <3
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I too am sorry for the loss of your loved one. It indeed is devastating! It feels so good to know that I am not alone and we are all in this battle together. I look forward to helping you ladies and lifting you up as well! Let's become the strong, healthy women that our Mothers and grandmothers would be proud of and leave behind a legacy of health for our children!

SORRY for your loss.....Kudos to you for coming back!! I know exactly how you feel.... When you're dealing with so many personal issues, the last thing you want to do is worry about what you're eating/drinking. I recently lost my grandma to cancer. I was devastated! We were very close.... I managed to gain back all the weight I had lost. :( Now, I'm determined to be the woman my grandmother always knew I could be. Most importantly doing this for me! :)
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! Your not at this alone! Feel free to add me :)