RIP Bernie Mac- Age 50

Options
A publicist says Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actor and comedian Bernie Mack has died at age 50.

Publicist Danica Smith says Bernie Mac died early Saturday at a hospital in the Chicago area of complications due to pneumonia.

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but he had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently had been hospitalized and treated for pneumonia.

Mac had starring roles in "Ocean's Eleven," "Bad Santa," "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and "Transformers."

The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from 2001 to 2006.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    A publicist says Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actor and comedian Bernie Mack has died at age 50.

Publicist Danica Smith says Bernie Mac died early Saturday at a hospital in the Chicago area of complications due to pneumonia.

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but he had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently had been hospitalized and treated for pneumonia.

Mac had starring roles in "Ocean's Eleven," "Bad Santa," "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and "Transformers."

The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from 2001 to 2006.

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SUCKS. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!

There was a rumor going around about him dying almost 2 weeks ago.

This is very sad. We watch The Bernie Mac Show every night.

May he rest in peace:cry:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :brokenheart: :sad: I loved him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is soooo sad!!!!!
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    So sad
  • klikittyklak
    Options
    I believe it's still a rumor.

it's not. They interrupted the Olympics to say it on the news. Yahoo also has it at the top of every news article.
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Its so sad. i actually met him and was able to get a picture with him in Las Vegas during the filming of Ocean's Eleven!!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    NO NO NO!!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    :frown:

I'm so sad about his death.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I swear dont' you feel like all the best comics are gone....soooo sad...so far some of my favs....ugh...

Richard Pryor......Phil Hartman....John Candy.....Chris Farley..........George Carlin....now poor Bernie...

I'm NOT saying who else I love because....well ya know....:brokenheart:

hugs and bless them all...heaven sure must be a funny place!!! :heart:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    oh no!
    sooo sad!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This just sucks and ruins my day!
    We are thinkin bout goin downtown tonite, just in his honor. He was a wonderful man, born in the Chi and died in the Chi! I can't imagine how his family is doing. Many prayers sent out to them....

I'ma be bummed all day! :cry:
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    Most crushing news. As I have said in a previous post, his comedy will always play in my household. My husband and I are heartbroken. Ours prayer to the Mac Family. We will always love Bernie, he was one of the best!!!! :brokenheart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    1177965781-641-2.gif
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Ohhh nooo! I abso luve'd BM! He was great in just about everything he did, especially his standup, even from way back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviYo3WsqjU
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am just :brokenheart: his show is one of the few I'll watch again and again.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    That's so sad, his poor family :cry:
  • mramig
    mramig Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Such sad news! I love his stand-up and his show. =(
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    That just sucks...i loved his show!!
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    Ohhh nooo! I abso luve'd BM! He was great in just about everything he did, especially his standup, even from way back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviYo3WsqjU

This is a great one. :laugh:
    I have this on Def Comedy All Stars VHS Series. Not to mention Kings of Comedy, Life, etc!!!

LOVE ME SOME BERNIE!! He is the best!!!!!
    God bless to the Mac family, friends and fans.

46897.png