Newbie needs to cross the finish line!

Hi I'm Carole :flowerforyou: Couple of failed attemps at MFP, now wearing a FitBit Flex as additional motivator. I lost 110 pounds 10 years ago but I've never reached my goal. Lots of "interferences"...whacko menopause, tons of life stress, multiple surgeries and in 2012 heart failure (viral) and now a defibrillator/pacemaker implant. But...but...my dream is to FINISH THIS!

I have Celiac Disease and dairy allergy and the food plan I have been using (off and on) the last 2 years is Paleo/Primal. I don't do well digesting any grains, although I will admit I slip from time to time and sneak in a piece of gluten-free bread.

I am working with a cardiac rehab trained trainer and am gaining muscle (met with him after initial 6 weeks and we have upped the ante! Woo Hoo!) Lord have mercy, the man did a skin fold test late in the week. But that's ok it will give me the target I need to aim for...but I still have to check with my doctor (who is into fitness) and cardiologist (who appears not to be! lol)

I have joined the Paleo team, Paleo Recipes team and FitBit Users team. I have no clue what I am doing here (yet) on this board but will get the swing of it. Maybe my intro pops up on those teams as a notification? Who knows!

Would love to walk this journey with others.

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    hi your more than welcome to join in and and support everyone feel free to add me
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Hi Carole, I also have a FitBit Flex, log in every day with an open diary. Please feel free to add me for mutual support/motivation :smile: