Drinks, food, exercise oh my! Help!

Options
Lori0534
Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
Does drinking beer keep you from losing weight? I stay at or under my calorie goal of 1200 a day. I drink tons of water and run as many days a week as possible and always at least 3 miles. I like to drink michelob ultra a couple of nights a week. Always staying within my calories. I have lost a few lbs in the past couple of weeks, but I feel like I should have seen the scale move down more this week since I amped up my runs. Is it the beer for some reason or what?!? I need to lose 10 lbs by next month and that used to be very doable! It seems so much harder now!

Replies

• Lori0534
    Options
    Bump
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Beer and alcohol are hard bits. For me, they always slow down my progress. Within 2 weeks I suggest to cut down at least a few nights. Also make sure you count properly all the other calories and weigh food. Sometimes I don't and I underestimate the weight of what I am eating.
  • Lori0534
    Options
    But it shouldn't stop weight loss if staying within your calorie goal should it?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I stay at or under my calorie goal of 1200 a day <<< that could be your issue - you may not be eating enough - not eating enough can stall your weight loss and slow your metabolism
  • Lori0534
    Options
    See, my doctor told me that is not true. I don't know!
  • fit2fight922
    Options
    staying within your caloric goal is good but it depends on where the calories are coming from ie: fats carbs and proteins beer is high in carbs so I depends what your macros come out to at the end of the day
  • Lori0534
    Options
    What are macros exactly? The only beer I drink has 2.6 grams of carbs and I eat a pretty low carb diet otherwise.