Energy per calorie

Options
hmg90
hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
Which are the most energy-dense foods you know of?

I try to eat chicken, salmon, avocado and eggs. They make me full - though they have quite a few calories.
I've just bought some ingredients to make smoothies - spirulina, maca powder, protein powder, fruits etc.

I'm aware that, obviously, foods that fill you up have to have some calories. I'm just looking for some filling new options. I would like to be able to stick within my calories and still make room for some wine or a drink. So I need some new stuff for lunch/after dinner snacks that means I won't get super cravings after two GTs.

Tips please! :-)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    If you're speaking of foods that "convert" to energy faster, then carbs would be your first source. Calorie is a measure of energy so it's the same from macronutrient to macronutrient.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you're speaking of foods that "convert" to energy faster, then carbs would be your first source. Calorie is a measure of energy so it's the same from macronutrient to macronutrient.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Not converting to energy faster, but keeping you full for longer.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you considered eating more fibrous vegetables or resistant starches? Baked potatoes are crazy satiating. Certain brands of popcorn are only 100 calories a bag and have quite a bit of volume to them.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    protien helps keep me fuller longer...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Which are the most energy-dense foods you know of?

Fats. 9 calories per gram.