Looking for suggestions: vegan chocolate protein powder

Options
Hi everyone,

I used to be a big fan of trader joe's chocolate whey protein but I'm trying to cut down on animal protein so I was hoping to get some suggestions on a good vegan protein powder, chocolate please!
I know there's many different ones on the market but I'd say that 90% of the ones I have found contain artificial sweetener, which for me is an absolute no-no (I don't even chew gum because of this!)

Anyone use a vegan chocolate protein powder they really like?

Replies

• sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have not used it, but my vegan sister and many of my vegan friends use Vega. They all say it tastes awesome and is really good. I think there is also one called Raw Power that I've heard was good.

I used Spiru-tein for a long time, but it's not vegan, just vegetarian. I liked it a lot though.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Try Vega One. It's good and appears to meet your criteria. Good luck!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Vega has stevia in it.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has a vegan chocolate.
  • vivelle90
    vivelle90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Vega makes 3 types of protein powder: vega one, vega sport performance, vegan protein smoothie. Anyone know if they more or less taste the same?
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vega hater, myself, lol. I found that PlantFusion was the best one for me... but their cookies n creme flavor is yummier to me.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Genuine Health makes a plant based protein powder in double chocolate ...130 calories per scoop, 20 grams of protein and completely vegan and free of artificial crap and moderately priced :) I like mixing mine with PB2 in my oatmeal and it tastes great with almond milk :)
  • linzspence
    linzspence Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I second PlantFusion. The vanilla powder is fabulous.
  • The_Iron_Beast
    Options
    Plantfusion. I would suggest vanilla bean or cookies n creme. Both vegan and tasty. Their chocolate, not so much.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When I was vegan I used Omega Nutrition Pumpkin Protein Powder Organic.
  • sjanei
    sjanei Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the vega one chocolate and I add a teaspoon or two of unsweetened coco. The powder tastes ok on it's own, but it's way better with a bit more coco.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Vegalite Chocolate--sooooo good. The best chocolate pro powder, ever. I order mine online, through Pureformulas.com, free shipping
  • childhoodshour00
    childhoodshour00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Rockin Wellness. Seriously. not advertising for them or anything. it's amazing, Raw, and Vegan. :) I mix it with almond milk every morning. just google them. :) Yes, it's expensive, but right now they are doing a deal for 3 bags for $89, Promo code RUOCU. :)