Keto Weight Loss (Inches vs. Scale)

Options
Hello,

Its been about two weeks since I've been on keto. I think I'm doing it correctly 70% fat 25 protein 5%. I have the keto strips but I've those are mildly inaccurate. I'm generally under 20 g carbs but that isn't net carbs so somethings at 10-15 carbs.

I have noticed that my scale has not moved very much but I was reading that people who are on keto tend to lose inches before they loose pounds. I'm not sure how accurate that is.Also I drink a lot of water during the day but I'm wondering should i increase my water intake to help with fat loss.

Any suggestion or comments would be great. Thanks again :)

Replies

• HauteLlama
    HauteLlama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    stick with it, you have to stay strict for at least 6 weeks to get your body keto adapted. All my clothes are getting loose, but I haven't lost a pound. Go figure. x
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, why did you choose to do keto?
    Will you never eat rice, bread, cake, oatmeal, pizza again?

Once you get adapted and efficient at keto - it becomes easy to dip in and out.

Just out of curiosity, why would someone want to eat rice, bread, cake, oatmeal or pizza again (taking into account there's still a few million more food combinations that can also be eaten)?
  • Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't think increasing your water intake is going to make a difference. You haven't mentioned any thing about your calorie intake. You need to be in a deficit to lose fat, it doesn't matter what your macros are, you can still overeat. It is strange that if you've dropped your carbs significantly from the amount that you were eating before you haven't noticed a weight loss, due to water weight being lost, but like I said a calorie deficit is needed for fat loss.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am usually 600 to 800 under my caloric intake daily and also exercise. I think that I lost most of my water weight early on when I was doing a low carb diet but not with the carbs as restricted as they are now. I will just wait and see how it progresses.
  • dsb188
    Options
    I do plan on eating those foods again but not at the moment. I've lost a substantial amount of weight watching my carb intake. Its working for me so I plan on sticking to it.
  • dsb188
    Options
    Okay. What a relief. I thought I thought I was going nuts. I know someone else told me your weight may stay the same but your shape may change. Thanks for the input!