Appesat, appetite suppressant.

Options
Hey guys,

Was wondering if any of you have tried this 'natural' appetite suppressant called Appesat, and whether it's actually effective at all at reducing hunger. Also whether it enables you to feel 'fuller quicker' and 'feel fuller for longer'. I was thinking it might be good to use when starting out and trying to reduce portion sizes - especially if you're used to full plates.

Replies

• aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just eat soup or salad and a big glass of water before you have your main course and you will feel full sooner. Make sure to eat enough protein so your meal sticks with you and you don't feel the need to eat sooner!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    yup, i bought it from holland and barrett a few years ago, and it didnt work
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've never used it.

I eat more protein to help me feel fuller longer.
    I use cinnamon capsules to curb sugar cravings.
    I eat from smaller plates to control portion size.
    I eat every two hours so that I don't feel overly hungry.
  • DLB86
    DLB86 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks guys, sounds like good advice. Does seem like a bit of a fad. It's not that I don't know what or how to eat well, I just always feel so damn hungry!! Guess i'm used to eating so much all of the time, it's a hard habit to break huh.

Merry christmas! :D
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Just eat soup or salad and a big glass of water before you have your main course and you will feel full sooner. Make sure to eat enough protein so your meal sticks with you and you don't feel the need to eat sooner!

Totally agree with this. I've tried all sorts of diet pills, appetite suppressants, alli, etc...nothing works for me. I agree with the big glass of water before you eat, it'll make you feel full faster. And, don't shy away too much from fat. Carbs are the first thing you burn up, then protein, then fat. (I think it's that order, I may have the fat and protein swapped though, I'll have to check into it). I've switched to a "light" salad dressing and "lite" mayo instead of the fat free stuff, and it keeps me fuller longer.
  • DLB86
    DLB86 Posts: 11
    Options

Totally agree with this. I've tried all sorts of diet pills, appetite suppressants, alli, etc...nothing works for me. I agree with the big glass of water before you eat, it'll make you feel full faster. And, don't shy away too much from fat. Carbs are the first thing you burn up, then protein, then fat. (I think it's that order, I may have the fat and protein swapped though, I'll have to check into it). I've switched to a "light" salad dressing and "lite" mayo instead of the fat free stuff, and it keeps me fuller longer.

Yep, you're right proteins and fats are much harder to digest than carbs. I think it's an instant taste and satisfaction thing I get things like white bread and mashed potatoes etc. That said, it IS very short lived and you do just want more!

Oh and Alli is disgusting, i'm sure you'll agree!
  • heyjude78
    Options
    I can't use diet pills because of a condition I have but I cut out anything with added sugar (for the most part) and I've found my appetite has practically disappeared! I even have a few drinks and this doesn't impede my progress. Best of luck!