How many calories?

Options
Hello there!!
I am confuse with the total amount of calories that I need to eat everyday, I am male 34 years old, 5, 10, and I do weight training 5 days a week, my current weight is 198lbs.

I put all my data in mfp app and I get a total of 1800 calories per day as a net calories, I am trying to keep it on 1700 per day, but don't see any results,and here is my question, should I eat more since I am working out every day? So instead of 1700 calories at day should I eat 2000 or 2100 at day? And that is way my body is not losing any weight because I am not getting enough calories per day?

My diet is base on keto, my macros are 60,30,10.

Thank you guys!!!

Replies

• MG003
    MG003 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    It's hard to really give any advice when we can't see how much you're eating, and whether or not you measure/weigh your food rather than eyeing it. You could be A. eating more than you think, B. burning less than you think, or C. a combination of those and any other factors. Also, how long have you been doing that workout schedule? If it hasn't been for at least a month or two, 100% give your body more time to adjust while evaluating what I said previously.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You'll just have to use trial and error. Try to lose weight while eating as many calories as you can.

And there is no such thing as not being able to lose fat because you're eating too little. The body HAS to use something for fuel, and if not enough of it is being provided from food, then it has to be burning fat or breaking down amino acids. "Starvation mode" is not real.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    And that is way my body is not losing any weight because I am not getting enough calories per day?

Where did you get this? Think about it. How could you not lose weight when you are not "eating enough calories"? Eat less than you need. I'm not one of those who believes that all calories are created equal. I think there are healthy and unhealthy things to eat and the less unhealthy you eat, the better off you are. But you may feel differently, so go with what your gut says. But at least think about things CAREFULLY first.