Females 40+ open diary trying to eat right low calorie is ok

Options
amy_kee
amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
Hi,
I'm Amy. I'm 50 years old and live in FL. I'm not working now because of some disabilities.

I'm looking to connect with female friends, who are over 40, that have their diaries open to their friends, and they log in them. What I'm looking for are these people in this category that try to eat well most of the time, and don't mind that a lot of the time that my calories are low. After a few more weeks, my calories are going to increase.

I'm frustrated with things like day after day over time, viewing someone's diary who just eats pizza and adds extra fattening things on it, and then eats sweets the rest of the day. And, I've been so supportive.

Also, a lot of my friends aren't logging any food or exercise anymore; they are just showing up. I even send them messages to see how they are doing.

I"m looking for people that are serious about this. I also know that all of our abilities on our weight loss journey does get slack at times, and I understand that. That's just life. You just keep trying.

I love to read each of my friend's diaries most days and comment on them. I also love to help any of my friends that I can

I want friends like all this who are trying. Just trying is important.
Amy

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am 42 and log in everyday. I am a vegetarian, also.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 42 with a diary open to friends. I've been trying to eat well, though I was on vacation recently so you'll see a series of days with restaurant foods.
  • wantintolose40
    wantintolose40 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am 47 and log in everyday.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, eat pretty healthy most of the time, check in a bunch, and have my diary open to my friends. Trying to keep my protein up and other than too many lunches during the week I tend to cook most meals. My calories have also been a bit lower lately than I like, since I've not been exercising enough and eating dinner absurdly late (and not hungry right before bed) due to work being long hours in the last couple weeks, but that should return to normal and I might even get a bit more creative with the cooking.

I'll send you a friend request.
  • snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    47 and I sure am trying to eat healthier...feel free to add me.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm 45 and re-commiting to this - my diary is open. I am really trying to "eat right" and stick to my exercise plan. I plan to be here frequently, would welcome suggestions and support and would do the same. Feel free to add me :)
  • Evelynnn2014
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 40, days away from turning 41, and have to keep calories at 1200 or work out for more. So my foods have to be healthy and filling. I log on every day. Fortunately I have some very encouraging, inspiring friends on mfp, sounds like what you need too.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. I eat healthy for the most part. I am in a lull right now. I lost a bunch of weight. Now I only have about 25 more to lose and I wouldn't say I'm on a plateau physically. I think I'm on a plateau mentally. I'm not sure what I need to move forward, but I'm not giving up. It will come to me.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, restarting MFP. Open diary for friends and I eat vegetarian. I welcome all supportive friends!

Sláinte! :drinker:
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm 43, log daily, very little junk -I'm not going to say never, but only when I can fit it in. I also comment on the diaries because I want people to know that I care and that I'm paying attention. I dont mind a honest critique of my diet choices. If you see me slipping feel free to ask me what's going on. :wink:
  • HollyKarlsen
    HollyKarlsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm 47, log in every day and my diary is open. I too am looking for friends who take this seriously. I think I eat pretty darn healthy. I eat a mostly raw diet.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy: I came on here and it saved my life. I have back problems, knee problems, etc. I sent u a request.....
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am 60 and have my diary open! I have lost a lot of weight on here! I normally am on here everyday but I had some major surgery in December (had most of my stomach removed & some of my small intestine)! Last week had to go back for more major surgery to have more intestine removed! So, my calories have been very low but should now increase slowly but I do eat according to what I can eat right now under strict medical supervision! I have to take a lot of vitamins (chewable) since my surgery in order to be as healthy as I can be until I heal! I am sending you a friend request! I hope you do accept! Together we can encourage & support each other!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Feel free to add me as well. I am 48 and log in everyday.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and log every day. I am eating HF/LC, feel free to add me if you like.
  • vanginmi
    vanginmi Posts: 41
    Options
    I think I just added all of you! I'm 42, log on daily, and am looking to share my diary. I also like to lurk on other diaries for food ideas or I get into an eating rut. To others who post after, feel free to add me! I have a goal....let's help each other out.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Diary is open to public. Feel free to look if ya want, ya don't gotta be on my FL to see it. :wink:

(btw: Exercise is mainly from bicycle. Wear a Garmin HRM w/a chest strap, cal burned is accurate.)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am 43 .... a daily logger and my diary is open to anyone ...You're more than welcome to add me :smile:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request.
  • kaycee1002
    kaycee1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 52, log every day and working hard to keep under my calorie goal. Feel free to add me.:smile: