PLEASE I need help :(

Options
At the beginning of my weight loss I concentrated on cardio: elliptical and running. Then I completed the C25K. I've been on a plateau forever so I started incorporating weights. I do weights 3 days a week and usually end my workout with 30 minutes of cardio. On the other 3 days I do Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30. I haven't lost any weight and I know you can't always trust the scale so I take pictures every 1 or 2 months and when I compare them, I look exactly the same.

Should I go back to doing more cardio and slow down on the weights? I My diet by the way is pretty good. Usually protein, whole grains, vegetables and fruits with one cheat meal a week. Some weeks I slip more than others but I can honestly say I'm eating well.

I just don't know what to do, it's frustrating when I was losing so much weight at the beginning and now I'm not losing anything

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? If it is anything less than 1700 calories - that is your problem.
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'd say between 1400-1600 Is that really why??
  • BleedyPokes
    Options
    You may be eating too few calories since you've incorporated weight training. You should also eat or drink extra protein within thirty minutes of the end of your weight training routine.

In the past I've worked out with a trainer and she suggested eating a fiber-filled snack or meal before a work out and getting a high protein snack or meal afterwards. That really made a difference in the way I felt!

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/snacks/low-calorie/after-workout-snacks/