The Doctors Diet

Options
Has anyone read the book, The Doctors Diet, by Travis Stork? I was thinking about buying it and was wondering what reviews there are out there. Thanks!

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The Doctors Diet? Fish fingers and custard?
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    FishFingers5.gif
    XD
  • defauIt
    defauIt Posts: 118 Member
    Options

ilu
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    qftw :D:D:D<3
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Most diet advice here is answered by a bunch of smart @ss people who think they know everything about anything when it comes to weight loss. I'd advise you to search through the message boards to see if the question has been asked, or these answers ^^^^ will just frustrate the hell out of you.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    FishFingers5.gif
    XD

tumblr_m7v70hwlQF1qlimo5.gif
  • SuziQGettinFit
    Options
    LOL - Thanks Steph! I was wondering what the responses were all about! I went ahead and ordered the book anyway.:happy:
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    From what I can gather, this Doctor's diet is just a rehash of the old fashioned low fat dogma that doesn't work with some sugar taken out to appear healthy.

It would be a waste of money. You might as well eat Doctor Who's fish fingers and custard. You would still end up fat and diabetic but it would be more enjoyable ;)

If you are serious about weight loss and good health, go Keto or Paleo. Current science backs up low carb/high fat.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    From what I can gather, this Doctor's diet is just a rehash of the old fashioned low fat dogma that doesn't work with some sugar taken out to appear healthy.

It would be a waste of money. You might as well eat Doctor Who's fish fingers and custard. You would still end up fat and diabetic but it would be more enjoyable ;)

If you are serious about weight loss and good health, go Keto or Paleo. Current science backs up low carb/high fat.
    If the OP is truly serious, then she should read up on proper nutrition and not go on any overly restrictive and/or fad diet that is based on arbitrary exclusion.

That said, sounds like this Doctor's diet is more mainstream BS sold to the uninformed masses.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

If the OP is truly serious, then she should read up on proper nutrition and not go on any overly restrictive and/or fad diet that is based on arbitrary exclusion.

That said, sounds like this Doctor's diet is more mainstream BS sold to the uninformed masses.

It's your OPINION that keto/paleo is a fad or restrictive. :flowerforyou:
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was more referring to Paleo. And yes, it specifically forbids certain foods from being eaten if followed correctly. I couldn't define restrictive any clearer.

That said, everyone is different and can diet any way they wish.
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL! Loves me some Whovian humor, LOL!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Green_eggs_and_ham.gif
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Most diet advice here is answered by a bunch of smart @ss people who think they know everything about anything when it comes to weight loss. I'd advise you to search through the message boards to see if the question has been asked, or these answers ^^^^ will just frustrate the hell out of you.

Obviously, you are not a fan of The Doctor.

Sad really.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was more referring to Paleo. And yes, it specifically forbids certain foods from being eaten if followed correctly. I couldn't define restrictive any clearer.

That said, everyone is different and can diet any way they wish.

While I don't go the paleo way because I love my cheese and cream too much, it is still a valid low carb way of eating and is really more of a way to promote eating unprocessed, whole foods rather than a kind of diet with restrictions.

I find keto to be enjoyable. I like my meat and cheeses. I also like baking using alternatives to flour and sugar and coming up with something unique and tasty while still being a healthy treat. Being safe from diabetes and other ailments of the low fat diet is far more important to me than the weight loss side effects of low carb. I also feel a lot better and have a lot more energy to enjoy life with my kids which I didn't have before.

Keto or Paleo shouldn't be thought of as a diet. They should be permanent lifestyle changes for the better. And you know, if I go travelling and want to hit the pastries in the hotel breakfast buffet, I can knowing full well that I have already lost a lot of weight, and I can quickly get back into ketosis to lose any weight I gain from having a "cheat" meal!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No.

If you're serious about weight loss, eat less calories than you burn while eating the foods that you love. Period.

Moderation is the key.

OP, I have not heard of The Doctor's Diet. However, all that is needed to lose weight is a calorie deficit.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

It's your OPINION that keto/paleo is a fad or restrictive. :flowerforyou:
    It's not an opinion. Keto/paleo is restrictive because it promotes certain types of foods and excludes other types. :wink:
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    No.

If you're serious about weight loss, eat less calories than you burn while eating the foods that you love. Period.

Moderation is the key.

OP, I have not heard of The Doctor's Diet. However, all that is needed to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

Yes!