Just found out this forum was here

Options
4aces61
4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
Been using the program on my droid for a few months. Never knew there was a forum. Awesome!! Anyway, new guy here, turning 53 next month. Was 290 in January, (heaviest weight, 300) Was in great shape 20 years ago and have always struggled w/ my weight. Decided to do a real new years resolution. started eating right and working out at home, logging in here daily which has helped me tremendously keep tabs on food, exercise and progress. I actually measure portions w/ a scale so I know exactly what my intake is. Very helpful for weight loss. Then about 3 weeks ago I decided it was time to get back in the gym. I joined Planet Fitness. Let me tell you for 10 bux a month you can't beat this place. It's been great. 1 hour cardio a day and weights every other. I'm down to 252 currently and my goal is to be under 200. So I want to lose a total of 100 lbs. I'm feeling much better physically and really enjoying watching the changes and progress.

Look forward to participating here:smile:

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Now you need to get lots of friends on here so add me if you like. Awesome site.
  • 4aces61
    Options
    Now you need to get lots of friends on here so add me if you like. Awesome site.
    OK so stupid question, how do I do that?

OK I figured it out. Done. Thanks
  • slimmingsky33
    slimmingsky33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OK so stupid question, how do I do that?
    Not a stupid question at all!! Lol!! I just started using this app on my iPhone and am looking for people to add to keep me motivated and hopefully I can motivate others as well!
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I did the same, was only using the app and one day was on pc googling something and found the site, feels great to have others for support.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Just don't get sucked into any threads about "cleanses" or "I'm in a wedding ..... how can I lose 50 pounds in 50 days?"

Unless you have a bowl of popcorn in front of you :laugh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It sounds like you are doing well. :smile:
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • 4aces61
    Options
    Just don't get sucked into any threads about "cleanses" or "I'm in a wedding ..... how can I lose 50 pounds in 50 days?"

Unless you have a bowl of popcorn in front of you :laugh:
    LMAO I guess there's drama on all forums huh? :laugh:
    Good for you! It sounds like you are doing well. :smile:
    Yup, off to a good start. Hit a plateau for a few weeks. That is a really hard obsticle to over come but perserverance is one of my strong suits!
  • qfish
    qfish Posts: 16
    Options
    I love my scale. Cooking has become such an enjoyment. Welcome to the forum by the way. You've been added! :-) May you reach your goals.