New Breastfeeding Mom trying to lose weight!

Options
JynaeJ
JynaeJ Posts: 8 Member
Hi I'm new here and was looking for friends especially If you are a Breastfeeding mom and trying to lose weight too. I would love the support! Also any tips and to dos and not to dos!! Thanks so much!

Replies

• slimmingsky33
    slimmingsky33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I was looking for other BF moms too! I'll add you so we can encourage each other and share tips etc!!
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! Enjoy your "baby moon" (the first month of being a mom)! I know you have baby weight to lose, but trust me, it WILL fall off if you make healthy eating choices (not processed junk food) and nurse your babies on demand. You can start toning and all that after the first 6 weeks, but right now, your spleen is still behind your left ear (jk!) :D I'm a retired lactation counselor and mother of 3 BF babies - honestly, I know you WANT to hustle, but relax and enjoy your new babies while you can. Your beautiful bodies will return in no time.
  • JynaeJ
    Options
    Lol! Okay! Thanks! I want to lose weight but don't want to go overboard since Breastfeeding is the priority to me. But as I say that I do want to fit back into my clothes! Thanks for the encouragement and advice!!
  • JynaeJ
    Options
    Sure!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! Enjoy your "baby moon" (the first month of being a mom)! I know you have baby weight to lose, but trust me, it WILL fall off if you make healthy eating choices (not processed junk food) and nurse your babies on demand. You can start toning and all that after the first 6 weeks, but right now, your spleen is still behind your left ear (jk!) :D I'm a retired lactation counselor and mother of 3 BF babies - honestly, I know you WANT to hustle, but relax and enjoy your new babies while you can. Your beautiful bodies will return in no time.

As a mom who breast fed 3 babies, I say "Amen" to that.

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
  • slimmingsky33
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah with baby #1 BF just melted away my fat, baby #2 a little, and now with #3, nothing! And I'm hungry ALL the time!! I drinks LOTS of water, I try and eat clean and include healthy fats in my diet (for baby) I'm doing NO dairy, and small amounts of gluten.. I'm walking when I can, 3-4 xs a day.. I co-sleep, baby wear, nurse on demand, this is my last baby :( so I'm just cherishing it all!! But I need more energy and I want to feel good with all these kiddos so I have to lose weight and tone up!
  • slimmingsky33
    Options
    I feel the same, BF is my #1 priority but losing weight while doing it without sacrificing my supply would nice too!
  • slimmingsky33
    Options
    Haha!! I Said I walked 3-4 xs "day" YEAH RIGHT!! ???????????? I meant week!
  • wnglng
    wnglng Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie here and also a breastfeeding mom. This is my #3. I have a 4 y.o, 2 y.o and now 2 month old. All boys! I want to lose about 10-15 pounds of this baby weight!!! Would love to connect with other BFing moms on the same mission!
  • Amoraroca
    Amoraroca Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on day 2 and doing good on south beach type diet. This is my 4th baby and I always want so much food after I have a baby. I also got gestational diabetes this time and need to get healthy. I am determined to get back some of my body. I have kept my meals today pretty even on carbs, so I am doing good. How were your days or week?
  • bperry683
    bperry683 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm breastfeeding, too!!! My second child (a son) is almost 4 months old. The weight isn't coming off as fast this time, probably because of poor food choices immediately post postpartum (after 9 months of morning sickness, food was GOOOOOD!!!!). I'm not so much worried about the number on the scale as how I feel. Time to make healthy food choices and get some exercise!
  • ttuomaala
    ttuomaala Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Yes! Your postpartum body will change dramatically in the first 6 months - especially with breastfeeding. Eat healthy, sleep as much as you can, and nurse your baby on demand :) I nursed twins (no formula supplementation) and it always helped me to remember that they were eating what I was eating.
  • 2BFitHealthy
    Options
    Hello.

BFing mom for a year now. I've lost 63lbs from my pregnancy weight gain and am 6lbs lighter than my pre-pregnacy weight. I added 500 calories to my recommended caloric intake from MFP and have used my jogging stroller almost 5 days a week to keep moving. My milk supply is plentiful, my baby boy is flourishing, and I'm looking good. You can do it!
  • christina_davis17
    Options
    Hi!

I am new to this group as well and also EBF my son who is 3.5 months. Born 3/8/2014. He is also my second boy. :)

I am totally noticing that the weight is not coming off nearly as fast as my first son. :(

I'm looking for friends and support to keep me motivated and to help others.

I will friend request you! :)

Congratulations on your little bundle!!