Polar FT7 Black and Red. Can you read the display?

Options
Hi, I'm looking at buying the Polar FT7 in black and red because I understand from reading a lot of posts on MFP that the FT7 is one of the best HRM's but I have also read that the display on the black and red version is very hard to read, is this the case? If anyone has it I would be very interested to know what your opinion is on the device and how easy it is to read the display or should I just go for the black and silver version?

Thanks

Jay

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have this exact version and it is very easy to read so I dont know what anyone is talking about LOL!
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    yep I have have that one too and it reads just fine.
  • Osiris_Blue
    Osiris_Blue Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, it's the one I like the look of the most so I'm glad the black display isn't an issue.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Easier to read than the others! For some reason this version is a tad more expensive than the other colours! Dunno why!

I got this one as I wanted to wear it as a day to day watch too.
  • Osiris_Blue
    Osiris_Blue Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Update - My FT7 arrived today in black and red and as everyone said there is no problem reading the display and I can highly recommend it.

• VickyT1978
    VickyT1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my black and red FT7, now can't wait for it to arrive.
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Would you be able to post a few pictures of the display when in "real life" use?

I'm thinking in direct sunlight, when held at an angle so I could get an idea of what the screen looks like?

I can't seem to find such pictures online.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Black and Gold FT7.. I'd be interested to see if it has the same issue.
  • VickyT1978
    VickyT1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Got my polar FT7 black and red today and I can read the display easily. Really nice watch.

I got mine for £67 from Bournesports.com (UK), it was reduced from £93.50 and all four colours were the same price. Delivery was free and it took 4 days to arrive via royal mail.
  • druscillamurray
    druscillamurray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally have the black & gold Polar FT7 and it has a grey background on the watch face with black writing/number display. Really easy to view. My son just bought the black & red Polar FT7 which has a black background with grey writing/number display & we are finding it VERY hard to read in the daylight. Bit disappointed about that but lesson learnt. We are from Australia so not sure if they are a bit different to the overseas one or not. Might be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyhow lol Is there a protection sticker/tape over the watch face when you buy them from brand new? They usually have this on to stop it from getting scratched etc but I don't think there is one. Could I be mistaken or do I need :glasses: lol
  • johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just got the polar ft7 black. It has a black background with while digits/letters and seems dim which makes it hard to read the smaller letters. Maybe the battery is not fully charged?
  • AndrewToo2
    Options
    I too have just got a black and red FT7 and it is almost impossible to read the display. I am waiting for a response from Polar but it if there is no way to adjust the display it will be going back.