Nutrition Plans - what are YOU using?

Options
I am looking for a eating plan that is a bit more structured than simply counting calories - mostly because I have seemed to stall my weight loss for a couple months and changing what I know to change hasn't moved the scale. Hoping to find something that is not extreme (for example - completely eliminating a food group). i would love suggestions from those of you who have found something that works for you and is not too complicated. I am a mother of 4 small children and as much as I would love to - I dont have three hours per day to dedicate to cooking. I know that sounds like a tall order - but I need to be able to be simple & fast when necessary!!

Thanks to all who take the time to post - would love new friends also!!
Dawn

Replies

• laurenbausch
    Options
    I used Weight Watchers before because it is fairly easy to follow. . .Everything has point values, and it isn't too hard to calculate. I never went to meetings, but my mother did. We both lost a good bit of weight. Now I don't do Weight Watchers, but I still kinda look into the points values of foods.

I stay on the run even though I don't have children. I swear by Healthy Choice microwave meals and Michelina's Lean Gourmet. I also make salads and steam frozen veggies. I recently bought a house, and I'm planning a wedding. . .Cheap and low cal is key! Even if you don't like these foods, you will learn to tolerate them. I love salads now, and I never have before!!!

Don't fret calories when going out to eat. . .Use common sense! With KFC, eat grilled chicken! When I eat Mexcian food, I count the chips and limit them to 12 and eat chicken soup rather than a burrito combo plate. Don't be afraid to split entrees! If you eat Chinese food, stay away from fried rice!

Even if you say you need structure, you cannot limit everything you eat. Splurge every now and then!!! Enjoy life. I love wine, so whatever diet plans I have, It MUST accomodate for a glass or two after a long day! If it's too strict, it won't stick!

Good luck! Don't take on anything crazy! Think healthy, add more veggies to your meals, and reap the benefits. Let me know if this is helpful!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight loss following Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan. It's more of a organic natural approach with specific things added to balance out the ratios of what you should be eating. The first two weeks are a very restricted "detox" type of plan for liver cleanse and then phase 2 is the weight loss phase.

I'm now doing the Beach Body nutrition plan as I just started P90X and wanted to keep consistent with the training plan.
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting. I've used ww in the past as well. We hardly ever eat out and I do like to cook just not really complicated recipes. - ha I'm not that skilled in the kitchen. And the time...well as I mentioned ...some times is hrd. For example after my workout in the mornng, some times I will mae egg white skillets with tons of veggies but other time I just have time for oatmeal!
  • dgilner
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight loss following Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan. It's more of a organic natural approach with specific things added to balance out the ratios of what you should be eating. The first two weeks are a very restricted "detox" type of plan for liver cleanse and then phase 2 is the weight loss phase.

I'm now doing the Beach Body nutrition plan as I just started P90X and wanted to keep consistent with the training plan.
    What do u think of beach body? A few people have mentioned it but I don't know much about it. I saw an article of his quoted the other day that read: nothing with a face. I am not ready to give up meat.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    The beach body plan is a lot of planning ahead. I cook on Monday night for the week. Then work around their plan. Probably the best to eat that way, but not always convenient when I work 60 hours a week, and have two children and a dh that works more than I do. The menus they provide - and the recipes are super. Very tasty and new flavors. I use a george foreman grill at work and cook my lunches here, so I've incorporate that into the plan here, but it also is planning ahead.

My main complaint is too much food. I simply don't eat that much food, two snacks a day, and heavy snacks like meat and crackers, vs an apple.

It's probably along par with WW, but they count your calories and nutrition for you. Which is great. I've not been able to follow it perfectly, and still do my Fat Flush routines and supplements as FF is really where my heart is.

I wish the plan were more customizable, IE I don't eat cheese, I can't pick "no dairy" in my options. I also don't eat the "desert" that they plan with the meal either, I just don't eat like that. I also wish I could swap lunch and dinner meals around as I often eat a bigger meal at lunch then dinner when I'm busier.
  • dgilner
    Options
    The beach body plan is a lot of planning ahead. I cook on Monday night for the week. Then work around their plan. Probably the best to eat that way, but not always convenient when I work 60 hours a week, and have two children and a dh that works more than I do. The menus they provide - and the recipes are super. Very tasty and new flavors. I use a george foreman grill at work and cook my lunches here, so I've incorporate that into the plan here, but it also is planning ahead.

My main complaint is too much food. I simply don't eat that much food, two snacks a day, and heavy snacks like meat and crackers, vs an apple.

It's probably along par with WW, but they count your calories and nutrition for you. Which is great. I've not been able to follow it perfectly, and still do my Fat Flush routines and supplements as FF is really where my heart is.

I wish the plan were more customizable, IE I don't eat cheese, I can't pick "no dairy" in my options. I also don't eat the "desert" that they plan with the meal either, I just don't eat like that. I also wish I could swap lunch and dinner meals around as I often eat a bigger meal at lunch then dinner when I'm busier.
  • dgilner
    Options
    Hat tis exacty the type of info I'm looking for - thank u for posting!!
  • thin4mykids
    Options
    Hello! So today I was watching Dr.Phil an they were talking about a 17 day diet, it looked pretty easy. It works like muscle confusion but body confusion. They said that it reprograms your metabolism, looks interesting. You can go to Dr.Phil.com an you can watch the show. I think I am going to do it! Let me know what you think!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    A nutrition plan... Like meal plans? Because if you want meal plans, you can go to sparkpeople.com. It's essentially MFP with suggested breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks everyday. Don't mean to send you away from MFP, but I thought maybe that's what you were looking for. :)