What really defines a "Healthy Lifestyle"?

Options
I just had the epiphany of, what really is a healthy lifestyle? Dumb question, i know but,
what really is eating clean? What does that consist of?
Because my idea of a healthy food could be completely wrong!
I honestly am perplexed.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,007 Member
    Options
    You go first.:smile:
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    It's a combination of eating healthy, consistent exercise, and just generally taking care of yourself. not to do anything in excess. you can enjoy the pizza and beer on a Friday night outing, but to do that every night would not be leading a "healthy lifestyle". also to stay as active in your free time as possible, because sedentary behavior does not excite the body. to me a healthy lifestyle is eliminating/limit anything that will damage or hinder your mental, physical, or emotional wellbeing.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Everyone will have a different definition of a healthy lifestyle.

To me, it's not just about diet. A "healthy lifestyle" for me involves:

being active and exercising regularly
    eating a balanced and varied diet of foods I enjoy
    having a good work-life balance
    having good mental health as well as physical health
    having good relationships with friends and family
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    100 people could give you 100 different answers.

For me, it is preparing my food from fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meats, poultry, fish, whole grains, beans, legumes, dairy. Avoiding packaged foods and frozen meals. This way I can control some of the things that are put into foods, especially excess sodium and sugars. I do use frozen fruit sometimes, but I avoid canned foods. It has made a huge difference in my health over the past two years, and is a way of eating I can live with.
  • velveture
    velveture Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks heaps for the opinion everyone, i guess its a really controversial question. You all gave me some ideas as to what a healthy lifestyle is though. Thank you all again!
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I always think of running or sports when I think "healthy" Athletes are healthy right?
  • helizi
    helizi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When body and mind have enough but not an excess of what they need. Nutritious food, physical activity, good sleep, mental/spiritual fulfilment.