Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How many pounds do you have to lose to drop a dress/pant siz

2»

Replies

• Hey guys. I've so far lost 41lbs and dropped two dress sizes (just) . I think every person is different, it all depends on how you carry the weight . Well done on all your loses! Xx
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    i lost 7 kg and am down one size
  • I find I can generally go down a size for every stone I lose, but I gain and lose the most weight on my *kitten* and belly.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    I started at 238lb and it took about 30lb for me to drop the first dress size. It was a combination of factors - I should have been in a size bigger to start with and all my old clothing was stretched out of shape. I also lost most of the initial weight on my belly and having large hips a bust, that just meant clothes got loose on the waist, but still fit everywhere else.

I'm two dress sizes down now, comfortably in a UK 16. Don't think I'll be skimming in to the 14s before another 14lb (a stone) is off for good.

keep at it- you're doing amazingly well and you'll soon notice the results of your labours.
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    I've lost 16lb and bought a new pair of jeans a size lower! These fitted me in the changing rooms but when I got home I decided they were still a bit too tight to walk around in. So gone back to my 18s and the new ones have now become motivation! I will fit in to them! X
  • angelica_lisa
    angelica_lisa Posts: 23 Member
    I think it depends on what size you were to begin with. I know for bigger sizes you probably need to lose as much as 20 lbs before you can go down a size. Also, different clothing brands have different measurements, so even though you may have gone down 1 size in Brand A, you still would be the same size in Brand B.