66lbs gone in 34 weeks

Options
FindingAmy77
FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
well I posted on Tuesday for my birthday but I didn't know them how to put pictures with my post. Now I know. yay. I started back in August 13, 2013 at my biggest weight ever of 234. I was even bigger than the 222 I was when I went in labor with my third son way back in 1999. I knew it was time to get back to losing weight after I seen some pics my husband took of me at our beach trip.>>
1150772843954_n.jpg

so I got started right away. I lost a lot of weight before with weight watchers for our wedding in july of 2011. I got down to 165 but obviously let myself gain it back again. This was my first week back at it again>>>
d5da5775-9fd8-4582-acfa-b60552c9f960.jpg

then again at 4 weeks, (by then I stopped trying to do weight watchers at home and just used mfp only)>>>
5eb38092-6c86-481e-a54e-67975596a664.jpg

now here it is about to be the 35th week in a few days and I have lost 66lbs as of yesterday and today. I now weigh 168!! I had just got new jeans (size 11 and no spandex at all in them) because I have run out of all clothing with the exception of my workout clothes. >>>
7cdeff90-7eab-4cee-8c4f-6921c9ce3410.jpg
159b4512-af68-4e99-af05-f60e954271ae.jpg

People ask me all the time what is my secret.. there is absolutely no secret to it. It is a lot of hard work and dedication and lots of sweating. I eat what I want but just stay in my calories. I go for healthier choices if I can. I cut out pop but occasionally have a diet root beer as a treat. I drink tons of water. I swim and walk a lot. I joined a gym but I only go there to circuit train three days a week. I never use their treadmills. I like nature too much. I sometimes do yoga or tae bo from youtube. I keep up with the community here and on youtube. Pretty much I take it one day at a time.
I guess the main reason I am sharing this, besides a little pride of myself is that I want to show you that anyone can do it. YOu don't need to take any diet pills or shakes or do crazy boot camp exercises. Just try new ways to constantly be active in each of your days. I even make house cleaning into an exercise. My house is a lot cleaner now and I get my sweat on with some music blaring and me dancing away.

I still have a lot more work to do and I know I need to keep upping my strength training and cardio more as I lose more weight so I can gain muscle. My goal is to be at 134, that would make it an even hundred lost and I wouldn't be too skinny for my age. Really my ultimate goal is to live longer and not follow in my mother's footsteps and have a stroke and heart attack at an early age. I have always been great at losing weight with no problems... I have never maintained it. I just want to be at maintence for life. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:

Replies

• DefiningMyHealth
    DefiningMyHealth Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Holy crappers!
  • RNfitgurl
    RNfitgurl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I love that barbie is cheering you on from her beach chair in your after pic :wink:
  • Galatea77
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Love your down to earth comments and practical advice. I am getting back on track after some serious weight gain and crushed self esteem. Your story was an inspiration to me.....keep up the good work!
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!!!
  • fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have tried every dieting going too WW, shakes, you name it I have done it. You are right though plain old fashioned calorie counting (and most importantly exercise) is the way to do it and that is what I am doing now. We are very similar in weight so you are my inspiration for today. I CAN do it, this time! I wish you well with your continuing weight loss and enjoy your forthcoming birthday and trip away, you deserve it :)
  • GreatGrace
    GreatGrace Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    wow that is really great ! Well done, keep it up and don't let anyone bring you down, :flowerforyou:
  • SummerOBX8
    Options
    Amy, your doing so great!

I know the weight loss is slowing a bit now, but your rate overall has been nothing but fantastic! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you are doing great :) I bet you feel amazing!
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Love it. You look great. Your hard work has paid off!
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! You look great!!
  • a_de_jong
    a_de_jong Posts: 17
    Options
    Holy smokes, great job and a huge inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing and be proud!!!
  • kimberlymes
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on all the hard work with fantastic results!
    I too have just realized that the secret really IS simple...watch your calorie intake and move, Move, MOVE! In the past, I have tried everything! Paid huge amounts of money for results that never lasted. This time, something just clicked. I know the weight won't just fall off and it will take time. I am in it for the long haul.

Thank you for the inspiration!
  • caringiscreepyx
    Options
    well done, you look AMAZING!
  • BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job! Very Inspirational! If you don't mind me asking what is your height and what calorie limit did you stick to? I find seeing stories like yours so helpful.. thanks for posting..
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing to see what hard work and dedication can do. ur an inspiration to me. thats alittle less than two pounds a week. very awesome.
  • FindingAmy77
    Options
    Great Job! I love that barbie is cheering you on from her beach chair in your after pic :wink:

lol.. I found her at the junkyard when we went to get a part for our van.. I call her junkyard Barbie. :laugh:
  • FindingAmy77
    Options
    Fantastic Job! Very Inspirational! If you don't mind me asking what is your height and what calorie limit did you stick to? I find seeing stories like yours so helpful.. thanks for posting..

I am 5'5", just turned 37 on Tuesday, had three kids.. and the calorie limit: well right now its at 1320 or so.. but I switch it up constantly. I have went back and forth from tdee eating to mfp's guidelines.. I tend to get more hungry during pms/ovulation weeks so I up my workouts and calories. It seems that the more I eat as long as I am being active is the more I lose. go figure. Thank you to everyone for congratulating me. THe only things holding us back from our goals are time and you. It has definitely been a learning process along the way for sure. I was always that girl who said counting calories is too much work. but really lets face it, calories are listed everywhere: even mcdonalds menus, lol. mfp makes it so easy for me. You can all do it. Yay for all of us for making the choice to do so.. pat yourselves on the back for making that step too. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!