How many pounds do you have to lose to drop a dress/pant siz

Options
2»

Replies

• yummymummyb1
    Options
    Hey guys. I've so far lost 41lbs and dropped two dress sizes (just) . I think every person is different, it all depends on how you carry the weight . Well done on all your loses! Xx
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i lost 7 kg and am down one size
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    I find I can generally go down a size for every stone I lose, but I gain and lose the most weight on my *kitten* and belly.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I started at 238lb and it took about 30lb for me to drop the first dress size. It was a combination of factors - I should have been in a size bigger to start with and all my old clothing was stretched out of shape. I also lost most of the initial weight on my belly and having large hips a bust, that just meant clothes got loose on the waist, but still fit everywhere else.

I'm two dress sizes down now, comfortably in a UK 16. Don't think I'll be skimming in to the 14s before another 14lb (a stone) is off for good.

keep at it- you're doing amazingly well and you'll soon notice the results of your labours.
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16lb and bought a new pair of jeans a size lower! These fitted me in the changing rooms but when I got home I decided they were still a bit too tight to walk around in. So gone back to my 18s and the new ones have now become motivation! I will fit in to them! X
  • angelica_lisa
    angelica_lisa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what size you were to begin with. I know for bigger sizes you probably need to lose as much as 20 lbs before you can go down a size. Also, different clothing brands have different measurements, so even though you may have gone down 1 size in Brand A, you still would be the same size in Brand B.