Tall girls

Options
Hello first of all I want to add a picture but don't know how?
2nd who else is 172-174cm (5'9) how much do you weigh and are u considered overweight?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and 133 Ibs.
    Nowhere near overweight.
    Focused on fitness, endurance and maintaining.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7 weigh 158lbs and by BMI standards just got out of the overweight category...just this week even tho I have been wearing a size 5/6 for 2 weeks...

I am not overweight...but focused on the last 3lbs and will be focusing on maintaining and lowering my BF%
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    5'11 (180 cm) and about 165 lbs (75 kg). Close to overweight, but it's mostly muscle.
  • motormouse81
    motormouse81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 181cm and still considered morbidly obese at 103.8kg (size 18). I've lost 6.3kgs so far but my BMI hasn't budged much. I don't take too much stock in that system though. Yes I have weight to lose but no one who saw me would consider me morbidly obese. I'm aiming for a goal weight of 95kg which is probably 10kg over what would be in the 'healthy range' but I'm aiming for what will make me feel good and happy and what I consider to be maintainable for me. My brother is 6ft5 and is also considered morbidly obese but he's no where near obese and is really fit and healthy. Might not help that we come from Dutch stock though lol
  • October2151
    Options
    5'11" down 23 lbs to 195. Am now considered just overweight as opposed to obese which is encouraging. Am 62 years old and want to get to 160. Have arthritic knees...can't do walking as exercise but love the seated elliptical at the Y. Doing 60 min. 5 or 6 days a week. Have a heart monitor ordered. One disadvantage to being tall, among others, is that it takes a pretty significant weight loss to "show". A 23 lb loss on a much shorter person would be really obvious...on me, not so much!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" 158 lbs (down from 168 when I started here) . Both my starting weight and current weight put me on the higher end of "normal" BMI. My goal weight (140) will put me at the lower end of normal BMI.

OP, are you trying to figure out a goal weight within the normal BMI range? There are online BMI calculators that can help you do that easily! :)
  • lovers7a
    lovers7a Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am 51 and 6ft tall weighing 191 lbs , I am over weight not obese. My goal is to lose 2lbs per week . Just want to reduce the pounds to keep me in my current clothing and not buy more or larger ones. Also to keep me in better working order through my aging process and my husband.