Will I Still Lose Weight this Week

Options
Hi. Im worried and confused. All this week I have eaten 1500 calories for 6 days in a row then on my 7th day I ate 3500 calories. My TDEE is about 2000 so I ate 500 deficit per day. (7*500 = 3500 cals) but since it was 6days* 500cals= 3000cals + 1000 exercise burned cals = 4000cals and then minus my 1500 cals that I went over TDEE on the 7th day = 2500 cal deficit.

Am I right in my calculation? I should still lose .5lb at least right?

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You should still lose weight if you're in a deficit for the week... how much is the same as asking how long a piece of string is. Your diary is empty, so I'm not sure how you're calculating your intake.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You should still lose weight if you're in a deficit for the week... how much is the same as asking how long a piece of string is. Your diary is empty, so I'm not sure how you're calculating your intake.

I have LOTS of experience logging before so I am one of the lucky ones that can get away without logging. Lots of lean meats and veggies/fruits. Easy on the oils and nuts. Wholegrain carbs at every lunch and only sometimes at supper. T1 diabetic for 22 years. Nutrition/carb counting and such was learned at age of 10 and still learning new things. Foods are always weighed and I go by serving serving sizes on the nutrition facts - no guessing except for veggies sometimes but I still have to calculate for carbs in the veggies even if it's only 5g of carbs - it counts because im diabetic and need insulin for any amount of carb.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

I have LOTS of experience logging before so I am one of the lucky ones that can get away without logging. Lots of lean meats and veggies/fruits. Easy on the oils and nuts. Wholegrain carbs at every lunch and only sometimes at supper. T1 diabetic for 22 years. Nutrition/carb counting and such was learned at age of 10 and still learning new things. Foods are always weighed and I go by serving serving sizes on the nutrition facts - no guessing except for veggies sometimes but I still have to calculate for carbs in the veggies even if it's only 5g of carbs - it counts because im diabetic and need insulin for any amount of carb.

You've already answered your own question. Not seeing now you logged, we can only guess.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    And how are you calculating your output? (exercise cals)

Your deficit might be "off" but you should definitely still lose weight. Aside from the obvious things like water retention, etc. there's no reason you shouldn't.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    And how are you calculating your output? (exercise cals)

Your deficit might be "off" but you should definitely still lose weight. Aside from the obvious things like water retention, etc. there's no reason you shouldn't.

I have been logging my exercise in MFP. Just logging cardio, not weights. I do weights 3-4 times a week.
  • BetesBitch
    Options

You've already answered your own question. Not seeing now you logged, we can only guess.
    I just wanted to see if I was correct in my calculation - glad I was. Thanks :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I should still lose .5lb at least right?
    Weight loss is not linear. Your weight will fluctuate day to day & throughout the day. All that matters is a downward trend. Take photos & measurements, too.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I agree with everyone else that you don't know how many calories you're eating if you're not logging everything you eat accurately & honestly.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    I should still lose .5lb at least right?
    Weight loss is not linear. Your weight will fluctuate day to day & throughout the day. All that matters is a downward trend. Take photos & measurements, too.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I agree with everyone else that you don't know how many calories you're eating if you're not logging everything you eat accurately & honestly.
    Yep, everyone is right about that. But I definitely know Im in some what of a deficit - just don't know exactly how much. Breaky is always 250 cals, Lunch and Supper 500cals, some snacks 100cals...some times 3 snacks a day. 1550 daily total. It's really not that hard to get very close to accuracy. But you sure must weigh the stuff you're eating.