Have you noticed...?!

Options
bittyers
bittyers Posts: 39 Member
I've noticed, in my 3+ months of my journey, that I don't love some of the foods I used to love.

I thought I was seriously craving some pizza about a month ago and when I decided to take the dive and have some delivered, it wasn't as good as I once thought it was and definitely not as good as I was hoping it would be.

Just about anything processed, chips, cookies, etc..anything from a package, doesn't taste as good as it once was. I've always loved homemade more than store-bought, but now it's a total turnoff to have store-bought, prepackaged food.

It's almost like you can taste the preservatives & crap they put in it.

Just wondering if I was the only one to notice this change...

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Oh yea. Once you get away from the crap, you realize how crappy it is.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have truly given up is soda. I used to drink a ****-ton* everyday. I stopped mid-November and haven't looked back.

I tried one about a month and a half ago and couldn't handle the sweetness.

*this is a scientific term.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! The taste of certain foods has definitely changed since I started eating better.

Sweetened food is way too sweet for me now, particularly yogurt and soda. I can't imagine enjoying sweetened breakfast cereal anymore, either.
    Processed food was never something I loved (with minor exceptions), but now it's even more yuck and tastes even more artificial.
    Fast food? I'll pass. It never had much appeal, but now even the thought of it grosses me out.
    I'm convinced I can 'taste' pesticides on certain kinds of raw fruit and veggies, so I've been buying more organic produce. I don't notice it when I buy organic.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yeah a lot of things don't taste as good as they should for the calories they contain!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Some things yeah. Others, I wish. Typically I there are some things I just don't feel are worth eating anymore.
  • kcoston101
    Options
    I've only been on my plan for 16 days, had a bunch of calories to consume yesterday, so hubby and I ordered a pizza. I had about 3 bites and handed it over to him. It actually made me feel nauseated.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    not me yet, i eat what i enjoy just less of it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you all need to come to brooklyn and get some good pizza.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've noticed the same thing. Isn't it a great feeling?

Also what someone else mentioned.... once I noticed the calories in certain foods, they didn't seem as appetizing either....
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    noodles are not as amazing as they use to be to me

same with ice cream ..not as amazing still good sometimes though
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    No, but I didn't give up anything either except diet soda, and that didn't have anything to do with chemicals.
  • bittyers
    bittyers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up, persay, but just changing the way I eat, I've noticed that things I used to 'live' off of just aren't appealing anymore. Most things just smell so artificial and chemically (if that's even a word. lol)

Capt_Apollo - you're probably right, I do need to come get some good pizza. But until I make it out of the Ozarks...I'll just have to make my own. :tongue:

Most days I love this change, but sometimes, I just want a slice of pizza to be like heaven *sigh* lol
  • rogerhartford
    Options
    In for the Brooklyn pizza.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's not the fun it used to be lol.

I've done such a good job with my kids that when I recently wanted to do an easy dinner I bought some already marinated ribs, they hated them and wouldn't eat them!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I don't drink my coffee as sweet anymore. I went to take a drink of my husband's the other morning and almost spit it out, and I used to drink it the same way. I also prefer to cook at home now instead of going out..most restaurant foods taste super rich to me know and not as well seasoned as what I make at home.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fast food is certainly disappointing now. The flavor is totally not worth the calories. I had a Sonic Grilled Chicken Club sandwich the other day and it was a sad sandwich. Then when I went to log it, it was even sadder at 610 calories! Do you KNOW how much more food I could've had for 610 calories??

I'll still eat fast food every now and then.