Serial Offender needs help !

Options
jillie99
jillie99 Posts: 16 Member
Back yet again for hopefully what will be the last time.I quit smoking nearly 3 months ago but ate rather a lot more than I should have.Need new friends to keep me on the straight and narrow please.

Replies

• jillie99
    Options
    Thank you. Well done and good luck
  • gjwi
    gjwi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, ok. Yeah, I'm a smoker too. Well, I will say WAS because my last cigarette was yesterday, lol. It's so hard...especially on a new diet and way of eating. We can definitely support either other. I know it's going to be very difficult, however if I say..OK, one a day, then one every 2 days and gradually go down, I won't fully stop. Might smoke less, yeah, but not stop. And I need to stop 100%. It's hard because my husband smokes (don 't think he's planning on quitting with me just yet). So, cold turkey is the only way I see it for myself. Good luck! It's going to take a very strong mental stance against it, but with determination..yeah, it'll happen and you can definitely do it =D.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm still a smoker, but figure I'll tackle one lifestyle change at a time. First this and then smoking is next. Feel free to add me. I have quit smoking in the past and at least 20 of the extra lbs I carry around are the result of that.
  • jillie99
    Options
    thanks and good luck it gets easier but it's hard to do both, lots of will power required
  • jillie99
    Options
    thank you I've added you :)
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I quit a 20 year, pack-a-day habit in 1995.

Try not to worry if you do gain weight - it's really hard to quit smoking and remain committed to your weight loss journey at the same time. I commend those who can do both.

At the time I stopped, my doctor said that even a 30 pound weight gain would be better for me health-wise than continuing to smoke for even three more months. She was right.

I have never regretted quitting, ever. It remains the best thing I have EVER done for myself.

Good luck!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Great job in quitting smoking! The weight you put on is really worth it, and there is no need to feel bad about gaining anything during this period. It takes a lot to quit something addictive like cigarettes, and now that you have done that, you are set up mentally to take on eating right!
  • CarrieB1106
    CarrieB1106 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I quit 1/1/14! Great job quitting and worth every pound. Pounds will come off. I'm in the same boat.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking about 5 years ago and I guess it was just "time" and for some reason I really had very little trouble but I did gain a few lbs. Quitting is absolutely the best thing you could have done for yourself and the weight will come off. Hell if you could quit the most addictive habit, lbs will be a (excuse the expression) cake walk! Good luck
  • jillie99
    Options
    thanks for all the suppport :)