cutting the lawn

Options
I couldn't do my regular workouts today so I decided to cut the lawn. That was my excercise for today. I love cutting the lawn. I really don't see any females cutting lawn these days. Any of you ladies like to cut the lawn?

Replies

• JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Give me yard work, or any outdoor work for that matter, over dishes or laundry ANY day!
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Back when I lived in Arizona, I always cut our lawn. Even when it was 115 degrees out. Never bothered me, especially since I had a pool to jump in after. When we moved to Florida we didn't take our mower and now have landscapers. I must say, I kinda miss it! (PS I would never let the hubby do it, I am too OCD and he would always miss spots LOL)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My wife takes care of the green stuff in spring, summer, and fall...and I take care of the white stuff in the winter. Some years she gets the better deal, other years I get the better deal. It's win-win really :)
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    my husband and I take turns or it takes a couple of days to get all of ours we have two acres and a push mower.
  • COTrainer
    COTrainer Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My lawn is still covered in snow
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We have a riding lawn mower and 12 acres but i only mow about 5-6 of them, and it takes about 2-3 hours.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I have to cut my moms lawn for her since she is severely asthmatic and cant do it herself

I hate it always have
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    technically its my hubs job, but with my kids getting older and older I tend to do it more (takes +1 hr and its usually not a good idea to ignore them that long.... bad things happen lol)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to euphuisms around here that I am actually surprised when a thread is actually about what the title indicates
  • palomino698
    palomino698 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, there's nobody else here to do it! I prefer to use my old Hayterette with an 18 inch cut, it's well over 40 years old and will power through knee high brush if necessary. I set MapMy Walk when I mowed last Sunday and it's 2.88 miles pushing it up and down the lawn and round the orchard. Not a bad workout - the other (smaller) Hayter has a 16 inch cut, a grass box to empty every few lengths and needs refuelling more often, so that would mean even more walking... but that#s a job for a dry summer day when the grass is already pretty short.

Much easier to bring animals in to graze it down!

ETS it's a half acre lawn, the meadow is 2.4 acres and I'll mow the ungrazed half before moving the ponies over.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to euphuisms around here that I am actually surprised when a thread is actually about what the title indicates
    ROFLOL!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I cut our grass... it's great exercise! I'd rather be outside anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My husband gets bad hay fever so I usually take care of the lawn. We have a push mower and a hilly enough yard that I do log it as exercise, wear my hrm but underestimate the calories. Plus our lawn mower is in terrible condition--if he used it he'd be out buying a new mower that we can't afford, so I do the mowing to save us money!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Hahahaaaa!!! So true.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My husband's grandmother got her exercise by mowing the lawn. It's what her doctor recommended that she do as a workout. She died in 1986 at 103 years old.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to euphemisms around here that I am actually surprised when a thread is actually about what the title indicates

Hahahaaaa!!! So true.

It took me about five comments before I realised everyone was sincerely talking about their lawn.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Wednesday it was cutting number three so far this year. Since my back won't tolerate it any more I have a rider, but use the push mower for the edges and corners.. I really detest having to use the trimmer. I have a dog retainer all around the property, and it's mostly wire which tears up the trim line something fierce.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I love cutting the grass!!! But hate raking leaves!!
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    I do! I do! And LOVE it:)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Lol.