Brussel Sprouts?

Options
So I accidentally bought frozen brussel sprouts instead of broccoli :blushing: and nowwww i have no idea what to do with them! Any suggestions?

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Roasted Brussels sprouts is great.

Some olive oil, some salt, some parmesan cheese if you want. Yum.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I usually roast them with some garlic and dip them in an aioli.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I boil mine until they are just tender enough to get a fork through. Then I drain them and toss them in a little lemon juice, dill, and salt.
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    They're good steamed, too.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What were you planning to do with the broccoli? Maybe you can use them in place of the broccoli and carry on as planned?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I cook them in a cast iron skillet with bacon, onions and garlic with salt and pepper.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    one word...BACON....haha ..add bacon to them and pop them in the oven I tend to cook the bacon first and use red onions,bacon over the top of the brussel sprouts.
  • koreyprice82
    Options
    I prefer to boil for 5 minutes or so. Then Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Balsamic mix brushed on. BBQ turning every 5 minutes or so until tender and bright green. Brushing more of the liquid on with every turn.
  • Judy0Gee
    Judy0Gee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only use fresh Brussels sprouts but the recipes / results should be similar. I'd probably defrost first. Or are they steam-in-bag frozen sprouts?

If small, leave whole. If large, cut in half from top to bottom. Saute over medium heat with a little EVOO until they begin to brown a bit. Add a splash of water, put lid on pan, turn heat to low and gently cook until tender. Do not overcook - that's how you get off tastes / smells. Finish with a little Smart Balance, sprinkle of salt, fresh ground pepper. Crispy bacon crumbled over sprouts is extra yummy if it fits in your diet plan.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I love Brussels sprouts. I have never had frozen though. I always roast them when I buy them, and they are always delicious.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Olive Oil, Pepper, Parmesan. Bake in oven. So yum.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I would suck up the wasted money and throw them out and go and buy the bag of broccoli.....Brussels Sprouts taste like dirt and the only place they should be is in the garbage.....but that's just my opinion.....I'm sure all those other recipes are really, really yummy!!!!:(...lol
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Steam,then add a little butter and salt and pepper. And of course bacon makes everything better. But just with butter and salt and pepper is yummy. :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Definitely steam them. I love them.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Chop up 2 strip of bacon and toss them into the Brussels sprouts with a dash of any seasoning ( I like any of the Paul Prudhomme powders)and cook in microwave. Stir every few minutes to spread the fat around. Usually takes 8 -10 min. Stop at fork tender.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So good roasted with vinegar and spices. One of my favorite veggies. I usually just eat them steamed with nothing else.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    use them as a door stop.

although they may begin to smell once they thaw.

unless you live in an igloo. in which case they will never thaw.

otherwise, i can't think of any uses for those sinister little globes of doom, frozen or otherwise.
  • kimazoo
    kimazoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've found some fabulous recipes for them on Pinterest!! Check it out if you have a second. Just type Brussel Sprout Recipes in the Pinterest search bar and you'll get LOTS of ideas!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Not the healthiest way to eat them....but I love them gratinee. Salt and pepper, parcooked sprouts, heavy cream and cheese. God above...so yummy!