PLEASE HELP!!! Thank a soldier FREE!

Options
JoyceJoanne
JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
I found this site. It's a fabulous idea sponsored by XEROX.
Please take 2 minutes to send a FREE thank you to a soldier. They deserve it! :heart:

www.LetsSayThanks.com

Replies

• JoyceJoanne
    Options
    > XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank
    > you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is
    > currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to
    > a member of the armed services.
    >
    > How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!
    >
    > It is FREE and it only takes a second.
    >
    > Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?
    >
    > Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know
    > we are behind them.
    >
    >
    > This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.
    > Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do
    >
    > We can never say enough thank you's.
    >
    > Thanks for taking to time to support our military!
  • katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    way cool, just sent mine , love it!
  • o0WatchMeShrink0o
    Options
    I really REALLY like this post!. My husband is a soldier and currently deployed for the second time!. It really means the world to our deployed troops to see that we all appreciate their sacrifice
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm English but I sent a thank you card anyway! I said I was from Santa Monica California...I truly hope those two are correctly tied..haha no no I think they are! I'm pretty certain! :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm English to and i sent one!
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    I am a military wife and truly appreciate when people let my husband know how thankful they are for his sacrafices. What an awesome idea!
    On a side note, I saw on your profile that you're from Corona, CA! We were stationed in San Diego about 5 years ago and one of my friends and I went to the MOST AWESOME day spa in Corona - Glen Ivy!:love: It was AMAZING. Anyways, I saw Corona and was like "hey, I've been there!" :bigsmile:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Done and done. Very cool site!
  • JoyceJoanne
    Options
    On a side note, I saw on your profile that you're from Corona, CA! We were stationed in San Diego about 5 years ago and one of my friends and I went to the MOST AWESOME day spa in Corona - Glen Ivy!:love: It was AMAZING. Anyways, I saw Corona and was like "hey, I've been there!" :bigsmile:

We DO go there!! It IS pretty fabulous! Especially nice that it is just down the road. :bigsmile:

ps. Thanks for the sacrafices that you and your spouse make!
  • SkinnyScripty
    Options
    This isn't meant to antagonise anyone but I was just curious: What are we thanking them for?
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    This isn't meant to antagonise anyone but I was just curious: What are we thanking them for?

You're kidding? Right?
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Done
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Very cool idea.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thank you Big Brother

Sincerely, your Little Brother (Canada)

Yes I sent a card too, I put CANADA in caps lock though, lol ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

You're kidding? Right?

Ok chill chill, she did write she didn't mean to antagonise anyone.

As a Canadian I said thanks bascially 'cause you can't pay me enough to take on a job that is pretty much a death sentence. I'm not anti-war but I'm not pro-war either; sometimes it has to occur, protection is needed but of course in most memorable history it can be unprovoked so the anti-war folkes do have a leg to stand on.

Not trying to start a debate but basically the TY is just for providing a defence. Canada being only 1/10 the size of the US in population its best I stay on your good side and say thanks too , lol ;)
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options

I'm going to look at this as an honest question from someone who doesn't have much experience with the military. Let's see..where do I begin? Thank them for taking a dangerous job that pays WAY less than it should. Thank them for leaving their family..their wife, their little boy/girl..to protect their homeland. Thank them for putting their life on the line..during the holidays. Thank them for protecting our freedom. I could go on and on. My husband has served two deployments in Iraq. He is in the Navy and his job is EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). Yes, he disarms bombs. Despite being in the Navy, he didn't set foot on a ship. He was in Iraq disarming bombs and detaining terrorists. He is extremely passionate about his job and the reasons he does it. He loves our country and wants to do his part in keeping it safe. He is currently working on a degree so he can become an officer and he will retire from the Navy one day. I'm so proud of him:heart:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    sent! Way cool!
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I sent mine! It is so awesome to see that they are doing this.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I sent mine! Thank you for posting the link