Journey to Healthy living!! 60 Pounds in 5 Months

Options
Good Day, In October of last year I decided to change my life. I was around 345lbs and i'm 6'2. My percent body weight was around 58%. I had Very High Blood Pressure taking 2 blood pressure pills, 1 cholesterol pill, and Nexium for acid reflex. My Doctor said I would die very young if I did not change my habits (I was 32 years old). I have three awesome sons and a beautiful wife!! In perspective my future had everything I needed except the possibility of dying young because of my unhealthy habits.

I'm happy to say that today in April 2014 I have lost close to 60LBS!! I still take 2 medication but I'm on my way to get rid of them all!! I run 5K in about 33 Minutes and I had never ran like that in my life. My Goal is to lose 100lbs by August. My long term goals would be to reduce the percent body fat and change it into muscle weight.

Right now my work out schedule is like this: Day 1 and 2 I Run 5K then I do 30 min elliptical. Day 3 I do weight training for upper body. Day 4 and 5 I Run/Elliptical again. Day 6 I do weight training Lower Body. Here is what a Cardio day looks like:

Wrokout_April_6_2014.jpg

As for my meals I'm eating to stay under ketosis. So My Macro's are Protein - 30% Fats - 65% Carbs - 5%

My Pre-workouts are 1 sugar free Red Bull. (Please don't judge instead recommend me something else)
My Post-workouts is a protein shake with about 30G or Protein.

Here is my before and after pictures:

1981876_10152685000629186_7301524123758345448_n.jpg

10006357_10152685000674186_9207902110659557678_n.jpg

I'm open to any suggestions to optimize my way of getting healthy.

Thanks for your Support and Suggestions!!

Replies

• lane112409
    lane112409 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work you look great!!!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job on your loss:smile:
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! Congratulations! Keep up the good work, the rewards you will get from continuing on this journey you've started will be amazing. Again WTG and wishing you future successes.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like what you are doing is really working for you!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle!!! Stay well for you and your family!!!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome,
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing a phenomenal job. You look great! Your workouts are very aggressive... that is inspiring to me. I know you can reach your goals, you are already 60% to 100! Thanks for posting your story.
  • jamslv7
    jamslv7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For your pre work out try C4...you can get at any vitamin world or GNC:-)
  • joeyclavette
    joeyclavette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For your pre work out try C4...you can get at any vitamin world or GNC:-)

Thanks I will try that out!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    that belly is going DOWN!! well done, that is fantatsic !! am inspired!
  • joeyclavette
    Options
    thanks
  • mmcyr1968
    Options
    Great job! Kudos to you!
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! I can totally see a significant difference in your face and your tummy!! Cheers to you!
  • joeyclavette
    Options
    You are doing great!! I can totally see a significant difference in your face and your tummy!! Cheers to you!

Thanks!!
  • KaHam6
    KaHam6 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wonderful!! You seriously look awesome, keep up the good work!
  • mountaingirl786
    Options
    wow - you look awesome! keep up the good work!
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! Such a big difference!
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    Wow, you got this! You look so much younger as well as slimmer, great going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!