Christmas Morning 5K Run/Walk

Options

Replies

• nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is a great idea. The weather is really crappy here, but I will run on the treadmill, after we open our presents..lol. Good luck to every one!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Thank you all for joining me!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Check out the New Year's 5K, 6K, 8K or 10K thread!! I'm in for a 10K on NY's Eve morning!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder....1 more week!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I had my husband map out a route for me last night! We used google earth. That stuff is great. I followed the route today on my c25k just to make sure I didn't get lost on Christmas. :wink:
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Awesome! I need to map out a route because it turns out I'm going to my grandma's house, and need a course that I know is 5k in distance!
    SO excited! doing this in the AM is going to make Christmas so much less stressful and more enjoyable!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    awesome idea!
  • itsbella
    Options
    I had my husband map out a route for me last night! We used google earth. That stuff is great. I followed the route today on my c25k just to make sure I didn't get lost on Christmas. :wink:

I use google earth allll the time!! It's a nice way to stay safe too, my husband knows where I'm running to. Good for you!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Awesome! I need to map out a route because it turns out I'm going to my grandma's house, and need a course that I know is 5k in distance!
    SO excited! doing this in the AM is going to make Christmas so much less stressful and more enjoyable!!

You're absolutely right Elle! Excellent!
  • itsbella
    Options
    awesome idea!

Well? Are you in? :o)
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Okay.....I'm in..... :)
  • itsbella
    Options
    Christmas....3 more days!
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have you ladies try mapmyrun.com? You can save your workouts and I think it's fab!
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Great idea!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Did mine today! Merry Christmas Friends!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just saw this thread and would love to join too! I planned on going out for a big walk/run combo after presents and breakfast and this way I won't get too comfy. Won't do the New Years one, our gym is open both days and they always do long spin classes. I did a double spin this morning so I can enjoy our Christmas Eve appetizer extravaganza with a little less guilt. Merry Christmas!
  • KcFitCoach
    Options
    Doing my run early this afternoon! Looking forward to it!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not gonna do a run today, got Zumba for the Wii for Christmas and wanna give that a try and see how it goes. Enjoy everybody!
  • KcFitCoach
    Options
    Well, I bundled up and went out for a run outside in 26 F weather with light snow. Confession - I did not run 3.1 miles (5k). I ran 2.16 miles. Started wheezing from the cold air (mild asthma). BUT, I ran at a good pace. My garmin gave me an average pace of 9:53/mile. Not lightning quick, but not too shabby. Especially since my way back home is all uphill!

After my run though I did do 1/8 mile (length of my long driveway) of slow walking DEEP lunges. That was tough, but felt great!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
  • KcFitCoach
    Options
    Oops..double post