Help!

Options
I am feeling very discouraged right now! Last week I had a great week of weight loss...I lost over 4 pounds. I was really attributing it to increasing my exercise. ever since Saturday all of the weight that I lost has been creeping back on...and today I officially gained it all back!? I don't understand...I know the scale can fluctuate, but I've been doing this for months now..and it has never varied so much. I have not cheated at all, I've been sticking to my calories as usual. Advice? Ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    some of the things i've learned on here is, it's not necessarily how much you're eating but what you're eating. are you eating alot of salty foods? do your clothes fit any different? my scale fluctuates up and down but i do note my clothes are much less tight. maybe try taking measurement....might be less discouraging. i was stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks and have finally started to lose a few pounds. i've thought about going out and buying a scale that shows ounces lost too
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Cut out some of youe man made carbs / sugars. Cut these to things out of your diet and the fat falls off.
  • cddavis04
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? Eight glasses a day is the least amount you need but if working out heavily your body will need more. Also being a woman you may have weight changes attributed your cycle. Third idea you may not be eating enough calories do you eat some of your exercise calories there was a great form on why you should eat your exercise calories. Last thing I can think of is maybe you need a cheat day to shock your metabolism how long have you been good so to speak? Hope this helps.
  • archiegirl
    Options
    could it be 'girl week'? maybe a couple of pounds of water bloat? did you eat a pickle (usually a pound) or Chinese food? did you weigh at the same time/same clothes? are you constipated? (not as silly as it sounds) could be a combination of any or all of the above. I know how easy it is to get discouraged. and it's easy enough to advise some one to hang in there and stick to it. but I totally understand how you feel. working so hard, and seeing such a great loss...it can be devastating when you see it all come back for reasons unknown. I can only tell you to keep up the good work and if you can to just let it go as 'it is what it is'. I will say a prayer for you. say one for me. good luck.
  • MaryBooAtCU
    Options
    I agree with cddavis04 - water is SO important! It will flush out the sodium from any processed foods you may be eating, and it will also help keep you regular (which of course goes hand in hand with fiber intake - how much fiber are you getting?)

Also, if what you say is true, that you've been doing this for months without cheating, you may be at a plateau point where weight-loss stalls. If that's the case, try a new or different exercise/form of cardio. If you've been cycling, trying jogging...if you've been jogging, try the stairclimber...etc.

Last, incorporate resistance training as well. I know many women are afraid of "bulking up", but the truth is = it's just NOT possible! We don't have enough testosterone! Good news, I know! :) Even if you finish your cardio by stretching and doing a few sets of walking lunges, body-weight squats and push-ups, it's amazing how quickly you'll notice a difference.

Hope this helps and have a merry Christmas! :)
  • imagin002
    Options
    thanks everyone for all of the information! I know I just have to stick with it, and will definitely incorporate all of your advice...Thanks again!!