Protein bars

Options
What protein bars do you buy? What's your favorite flavor?

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I mainly just get Clif and Kind bars.

favories:
    clif - chocolate chip
    kind - almond macadamia nut

I know a lot of people love Quest bars. I have only tried them once though so can't pick a favorite.

Heard Pure was ok... Tried larabar before, was ok.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I mainly just get Clif and Kind bars.

favorites:
    clif - chocolate chip
    kind - almond macadamia nut

I know a lot of people love Quest bars. I have only tried them once though so can't pick a favorite.

Heard Pure was ok... Tried larabar before, was ok.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Quest. Chocolate chip cookie Dough
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am liking the Quest, haven't gone through all the flavours yet however the mixed berry bliss is pretty good as is the choc chip cookie dough.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What protein bars do you buy? What's your favorite flavor?

Starting to do a little of weight training and I need to add protein to my diet.. so i'm going to be watching this one... I was looking at herblife protein bars... only because i live in Korea and it is hard to locate protein bars... where i live...

http://www.howtogetbigforearms.com/1/post/2013/05/herbalife-review-the-good-bad-and-ugly.html
  • NativeIA
    NativeIA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Luna Protein bars--esp the choc peanut butter! 12 gms Protein! Vitamins, folic acid, etc for women! AND they taste good!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I like the Cliff Builders but they are expensive and high in carbs but on very active days..they are a good boost.

My favorite are the Pure Protein bars... Low cal,low sugar,low carbs,good protein (20-21 g) They are also very cheap too.

Many other like Quest etc are super great but soooooooo expensive it's crazy!
  • heathernbateman
    heathernbateman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the Think Thin bars. I found them in the gluten free section and they have no sugar in them, which I have a hard time controlling. And the peanut butter ones taste like how I remember Fast Breaks tasted, although haven't had a candy bar in 2 months lol
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. I like Choc brownie, Cookies & cream, peanut butter supreme and choc peanut butter.

I order them from iherb.com , arrives from the US to Australia in 5 days :D
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Whenever there's a sale or a good coupon, I typically try a new bar. I like the Clif Mojo trail bars, PowerBar, Zone Bars. There were some protein bars at Costco that I bought a few months ago and they were awful. Waste of money. Wish I could remember the brand or I'd share it here.
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like quest bars! But it depends on your activities and goals. I dont use clif bars because they are high carb, more for endurance or mountain climbing (like the package cover). Quest bars are low carb, high fiber and high protein. They also taste like heaven. Whenever i want a cheat meal, Quest to the rescue! If you want to buy them I recommend buying them in bulk online. They are kinda spendy if you buy them in singles! And you can get variety packs to try different flavors. Cookies and cream and raspberry white chocolate are my favorite!
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love general clif bars, but they are not very full of protein. Another is the Body Builders clif bars which have 20grams of protein in them. I love the chocolate mint *drool*- never tried the peanut butter one, but I'm sure it tastes just as great. Another option would be to make your own at home. There are tons of recipes online and they are MUCH cheaper than buying them from the store by a long shot. That's something I do a lot too. If you're also looking to up protein in general I usually drink a glass of chocolate milk and unflavored whey (isopure) protein right after my workouts.
  • janelann222
    Options
    agreed. Quest chocolate chip cookie dough is amazing
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love the Clif Builder's mint chocolate protein bar (taste like thin mint cookies) or I make my own. :wink:
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Quest. Chocolate chip cookie Dough

^Winner i like most of the quest bars except maybe the peanut butter one.
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    quest has the best macros.

chocolate chip cookie dough
    cookies and cream
    double chocolate chunk
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I really like the ZonePerfect bars, particularly the sweet/salty line like Cashew Pretzel. Very tasty!

Also, you can usually find EAS Lean 15 bars in big packages in membership warehouses like Costco or BJs. They're pretty tasty.

Adkins is really low sugar because they use sugar alcohol as a sweetener, and they have a really broad range of flavors, but they can be a bit pricey.

My absolute favorite are PowerCrunch but I can't buy them because I have a very hard time resisting them. I will eat more than one at a time.

Edited for typo
  • walkingangela
    Options
    can you really lose weight on protein bars ? they have a lot of cal .. just wondering I'm new to this so I need help !
    :sad:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Most bars have around 200 calories. Use it as one of your snacks.
  • scispence
    scispence Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like Jamieson Slimdown Bars, in particular the Yogurt Honey one and the Belgian Chocolate crisp (not quite sure of names). Only 150 cals, 15 g protein, 15 g carbs. Better for me than many of the bars that have much greater calories.