wii work out games

Options
Okay so i know we might be behind on alot of people but my kids are younger... so we are getting them Wii for christmas, its in my closet :)
I want to buy a workout game for me, i was thinking the new biggest loser challenge game, any ideas on what wii games are best? Thanks guys!!

Replies

• Fineraziel
    Options
    I have a few titles...

I strongly suggest Just Dance (1 and 2). Its very good fun and great for sweating and burning calories! ;)

If you are more into "classic aerobic", then you will love the game "My Fitness Coach" (get the first one, not the 2nd!). This game also includes muscle training.

For a beginner and for kids, the Wii Fit Plus is also a great buy. :)

There are many other titles, but I would start with those. Have fun! ;)
  • tymomrn
    Options
    Wii Active! Especially More workout-works more core and has stretching.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of wii active. It makes me sweat hardcore. Wii active 2 is cool because it comes with a HRM for more acurate calorie burning. For a less expensive one I like the Gold's Gym cardio game. It's 15-19 bucks. Plus it's fun! Just dance is great too!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get Zumba! It incorporates dancing with workout moves. It looks like alot fo fun!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wii - EA Active (More Workouts OR EA Active 2) is amazing. I lost a bulk of my weight using their challenge program. It's fantastic. Also highly recommend Just Dance or Wii Zumba. You'll sweat like crazy. I'm still sweaty from my EA Active 2 workout this morning. The heart rate monitor and relatively "hands free" interaction make it worth the money.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I personally get bored with the stuff that just tells me to do things, so Wii Fit was boring to me. So boring that I wasn't inspired to get the Plus (which could be TONS better, but I wouldn't know). Watching the screen like I'm in an aerobics class just doesn't get me wanting to play a game. That's something I would keep in mind. If you are someone who does workout videos at home, then they may be good for you. Or if you are like me, they may not be.

I like to actually be playing the game. Its the activity stuff I like, the sports type, stuff more. I dig the sports resort. Even things like Wario Smooth Moves get me to move more.

I've heard good things about the EA Active stuff.

Check out reviews for games online too for more suggestions.
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been doing EA Active and I love it. havent gotten EA @ yest but I sooo want it. If you like walking Walk it out isnt too bad either. I have the wii fit and I use that on days I am not motivated to work out as it is more "fun". I so want Just Dance and the sequel. I think I may be picking that up here this week or next. It looks like so much fun!
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like the EA Active games, all 3 games are awesome. The Walk It Out is fun and definitely you can burn calories. I like Jillian Michaels ones also. I know, giving you to many choices. But they are all so much fun and you don't even realize you are working out.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to try the Zumba Fitness game for the Wii. I've been trying to find it, but it seems to be sold out EVERYWHERE. I think I may just order it from Amazon sometime early in the New Year because I've heard it is a lot of fun.
  • xaviernelson
    xaviernelson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My wife and daughter really have fun doing the Zumba on the WII. I have done it a couple of times and it definitely can kick your heart rate into hyperdrive lol and get the sweat going.

We now have the Kinect on the xbox 360 and the game that comes with it, Kinect Adventures has some serious 'get you going' moves too, at least it whooped me after about 8 rounds lol.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Zumba Dance is fun and a great workout.

Just Dance 1 and 2 are fun to play with others (very kid and group friendly) and you will definitely work up a sweat (not as much as Zumba, but it's still a nice 'bonus' calorie burn). My friends and I play games anyway so why not burn a few calories while we're at it?

Charmagne
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks for the post and all the suggestions! My older son just bought a new Xbox 360 so I bought his Wii from him. All I have is Zumba but I love it. I cannot wait for Christmas to be over so I add to my wii collection. I love the Zumba!