pepto and zantac?

Options
can i take these together? been up all morning puking. i took gas x a couple hours ago cuz i had stomach cramps. then i had diarrhea and took pepto. now i've been puking and have terrible heartburn, can i take zantac? its the only thing that helps when i have heart burn. sorry if its too much info, but i feel like crap!

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling so crappy...no fun! I'm not sure about the combo...maybe you could call your local pharmacy to check for sure. Feel better.
  • mamaw210
    mamaw210 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Am not an MD, but just from experience, yes zantac if OK to take if you have thrown up again Some tips I know about vomiting & diarrhea from my MD is : clear liquids for 24 hours to give the colon a rest (stuff like on a tray after someone has surgery) clear broth, popsicles, jello, gatorade apple juice No citrus juice No dairy for about 3 days Bacteria in colon feeds on the lactose in milk and keeps diarrhea going Wow lot of this going around Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might have food poisoning. I agree with mamaw210, clear liquids: chicken broth, or even chicken soup, lots of water, and Gatorade. If it persists, you should see a doctor.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Generally there is a reason why your body is behaving this way - something needs out of your body. Stopping the process doesn't make sense to me unless it is overly violent and a phycisian has intervened. Food poisoning or some sort of stomach bug sound like the likely culprits to me. I can understand wanting to quell the heartburn, though.

If you are ever concerned about what medications you can combine, just call a pharmacist. It is free. Like call WalGreens, CVS, RiteAid or whatever pharmacy is near by. Sometimes the manufacturer's website will tell you as well.

Anyway, work on the hydration as you are likely to be dehydrated right now. Ginger ale can be calming. Also, chamomille tea is soothing to the stomach. And the heartburn may just be from the acid having already burned your esophagus from the vomiting.

If it continues, please call your doctor or see a local clinic for medical attention.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Feel better soon:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: