M&S Fuller for longer

Options
Hi, was wondering what everyones thoughts are on M&S fuller for longer meals for the nights I can't be bothered cooking.

Thanks for advice!

Also new here so feel free to add me!

Laura x

Replies

• samiejones1
    samiejones1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the m and s fuller for longer and count on us ranges. I'm not usually a fan of pre packed meals but they have great variety, filling meals and low calories- and some tasty desserts! A lot of people will talk about how processed food is bad but in busy lives is sometimes nessessary! Only downfall is they all seem to contain a lot of salt.

I say go for it!
  • fittingthefat
    Options
    thanks, they looked good and more filling than most. Just need domething for if i work late!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I really like these. Not usually a fan of ready meals/salad but these have very few ingredients (and I know what they are =D) and a good protein to carbs ratio, IMO. I've tried the bolognaise, stroganoff and chicken and mushroom tagliatelle ready meals and the salmon salad and crayfish salad - all very nice. Handy for lunches on days I can't be bothered preparing something.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do 5:2 fasting and I often use a Fuller for Longer meal as one of my 2 meals on my fast days - helps me feel like I've eaten a proper meal and is still generally only just over 300 calories, so fits my needs on those days. They're pretty tasty too!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    They taste pretty good for ready meals, but they don't keep me fuller longer than anything else does.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you have to have a ready meal, M&S usually have less crap in the ingredients list. Still quite high on salt but otherwise not bad.
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Delicious :-) I have the salads for lunch quite often because I travel with work a lot. I think they are much better for me than the other fast food \ restaurant options available.
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    They're delish, my favourite is the Thai green chicken curry :-)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    If I have to pick a ready meal, it would be M&S. Pretty good on protein, 'normal' ingredients. The downside is the same as all ready meals though; they are nearly all very high in salt, small, and expensive.

If you struggle with time or motivation occasionally, why don''t you take a couple of hours on a weekend and cook dinners, portion them out and freeze them? I make chilli, shepherds pie and curries, it takes me about 2 hours, then I put them into individual portions and just take one out when I need it. Home-made ready meals.
    A slow cooker is also a great tool.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with time or motivation occasionally, why don''t you take a couple of hours on a weekend and cook dinners, portion them out and freeze them? I make chilli, shepherds pie and curries, it takes me about 2 hours, then I put them into individual portions and just take one out when I need it. Home-made ready meals.

This. If you can find the time, home-made "ready meals" are the biz. I'm terrible at cooking small amounts anyway, so on nights I do cook, the stew / stirfry / curry / chilli / bolognese leftovers go into individual boxes (we've a lot of plastic takeaway boxes, which are ideal) and straight into the freezer. I can grab one of those for lunch, or can grab a couple out for dinner for the pair of us, if I'm feeling too tired to cook.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So weird, im actually eating one of their soups for lunch right now ;D

Chicken, chorizo and mixed beans, 245 cals, 2 of my 5 a day and low fat!