I drove to work and walked 33881 steps!

So I recieved a fitbit zip from work and today I put it on with no issues. It woke it up and it reset itself, but after I drove to work it magically said that I walked 33881 steps. I tried to reset it which does not clear the information. Before I contact customer service does anyone have any knowledge on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Replies

• trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    I also am interested in hearing an answer to this. I know the fitbits are pretty sensitive when it comes to counting driving as regular steps. Where do you attach the fitbit? It could be that it's bouncing more because it's on a loose piece of clothing as opposed to be relatively strapped down (like to your wrist).
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    I have it clipped into the inside of my pant pocket so that people can not see what it is, just a clip.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    i have the Fitbit One and do not have this problem, i also clip it to my waist.

occassionally tho it will say i have climbed 2 flights of stairs, which is not accurate
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,652 Member
    Mine did this the other day. I contacted Fitbit and they said it needed to be replaced.... but the next morning it was working fine... and has been for the past 5 days. So I'm thinking it just had a 24hr glitch. If it's still not working properly tomorrow though I'd contact them.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    This was Fitbits response, which I did and it did not fix the issue.

"Hello Brandy,

We're sorry to hear that your Zip recorded data while you were driving.

Driving and other activities can sometimes cause your tracker to register extra steps. Regardless of activity, you can negate steps and floors by logging a driving activity on your activity log. To do so:

1. Sign into your Dashboard and click the 'Log Activity' icon from the menu at the top of the screen.
    2. Select the date or dates in question.
    3. In the activity menu, type in "Automobile or light truck (not a semi) driving" and enter the time and duration of time that you were driving.
    4. Click "Log Activity." You will see the steps, calories burned, and other data decrease for the time period specified.

You can continue this process on all the dates you have in question to decrease your steps, calories burned, and other activity data.

If you have any further questions about Zip, don't hesitate in contacting us back

Sincerely,
    Cesar Mauricio and the Fitbit Team"