Baggy Tee Turned into Cute Top

Options
laughingdani
laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
So lastnight at Zumba we had a little Christmas party...dancing to Latin Christmas music and having a good time as usual.
After class our instructor gave us all Zumba T-Shirts for Christmas. They were labelled 'one size fits all' but I believe they are about the size of a Large-XL adult tee. Everyone in the class was laughing because it was huge on me. I said it was ok...I would just use it as a sleep shirt.

One of the girls recommended that I cut it and then alter it to fit and make it a little cuter so I could wear it to class.
So today after researching online I took out my scissors and transformed my baggy tee into a cute top.

Here is the Tee before I cut it:
Front:
163189_485040561233_524036233_5983494_8190970_n.jpg
Back:
163189_485040566233_524036233_5983495_5543007_n.jpg

Here is me wearing it:
163189_485040571233_524036233_5983496_4508565_n.jpg

Here is the final product:
Front:
163189_485040581233_524036233_5983497_7563592_n.jpg
Back:
163189_485040586233_524036233_5983498_731303_n.jpg

It turned out so cute. I am seriously thinking about experimenting with some of my other baggy tee's to make them into cute tops to wear out or to zumba.

Basically what I did with this one was cut the neck out. I used a oval shaped pot for a guide so it would be even.
Then I cut 2 inch strips up both sides about 1/2 inch apart. After than I cut the strips in half and tied the 2 pieces together.
This causes the tee to be more fitted and gather so its not so long....also you are left with a fringe on the side.
I cut a few inches off the length of the sleeves and that was it.
Once you wash and dry the shirt it looks better because the fabric curls a little.

Just thought I would share this idea with some of you so you can get some use out of those baggy shirts.
I can't wait to try this on some of my sports team shirts. Would be super cute with jeans! :wink:

Dani :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    Options
    looks cute! :)
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's freaking AWESOME!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    cool you madi it work
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great tee. I love it:flowerforyou:
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    Wow good job what a great idea my dear, Very creative and looks like fun.
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!

Not sure how it would look on the guys though! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have a super cute pin-up shirt that I bought this summer that is now too big... I'm gonna have to try this. Thanks for the instructions!! :):drinker:
  • laughingdani
    Options
    I have a super cute pin-up shirt that I bought this summer that is now too big... I'm gonna have to try this. Thanks for the instructions!! :):drinker:

You're very welcome! There's another way to turn a tee into a halter top too that I want to try. It looks super easy!
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    my my my ;)
  • laughingdani
    Options
    my my my ;)

thank you thank you thank you ; )
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    great job you look fantastic. Congrats on the success.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When I get off of work, I will be messing up a few shirts to figure out how it's done, lol!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are so creative! :flowerforyou:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love Tees but they absolutely muller the female shape.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love your new tee. that was a great idea. maybe i will do the same...by the way you look amazing!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    i love it! It's super cute! :)
  • dustiemorris
    Options
    LOVE IT!:heart:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    :heart: it!!! Looks super cute on you :)
  • laughingdani
    Options
    When I get off of work, I will be messing up a few shirts to figure out how it's done, lol!

LOL yeah I was a little scared when I first started cutting because I thought "I don't want to mess this up".....
    but now I want to take the scissors to all my tee's!! :laugh:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Uh oh new fashion trend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!