IdealShape Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
I went online and found that, in their opinion, the IdealShape Meal Replacement Shakes are the best. Has anybody tried them? I'm thinking of getting them but wondering if anybody knows whether or not they work.

I want to get the 60 day plan that comes with the tubs, the supplement, the hypnosis CDs, the book, and the bottle. So if anybody has tried the CDs, let me know what you thought!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, shakes are not the way to go. I tried the slim fast shakes a few years ago but didn't feel satisfied with them.

Now I am trying frozen meals for lunches so I can teach myself what appropriate portion sizes look like and try some new tastes in the meats and veggies that I may not have tried on my own. I am seeing some success and I do not feel the need to chew something.

Good luck to you.
  • loasface
    loasface Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't mean something like slimfast - these shakes are packed with vitamins and proteins and nutrients and are actually good for you. I am trying to steer away from processed food because it's all bad for you - even the "healthy choice" and "lean" or "smart" labeled things are not good for you because they are all processed - been trying to just make the meals that i can buy frozen, but make them with actual food. it's more work, but it's proving to be worth it so far!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The shakes are processed junk - something can have vitamins etc but not be all that healthy for you. What are you going to do when you aren't drinking the shakes anymore?

Once in a while it's fine in my opinion. I have some slimfast shakes in my desk at work. This is only for if something unexpected comes up after work and I don't have time to go home to eat dinner. One of these tide me over until I get home and stop me from going to fast food or other unhealthy options.

I don't think they are right for weight loss. They teach nothing.
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the shakes for 6 days now and I love them. They are only 100 calories which leaves enough calories for a regular meal in the day. I have experimented with all kinds of recipes such as adding fruit, sugar-free dry pudding mix, coffee, almond milk, ect. and they all have been delicious! They keep me full for 3-4 hours. My weigh in day is tomorrow so I don't know the exact results but I can tell a difference already.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I got the chocolate several months ago - and drink one when I have a busy day at work. Since I am hungry every 2-3 hours, if I can't get a meal in, this works great. It totally tides me over until I can grab my lunch. I maybe drink one or two a week max.

As for helping to lose weight, I don't think it's the miracle plan by any means. For me, it's not a long-term solution. I probably won't get it again - even though it doesn't taste bad.
  • tmcmurtray
    tmcmurtray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried those particular ones, but I use Shakeology daily which is a meal replacement shake similar to what you're looking at.
  • hopkinsa11
    hopkinsa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i love the ideal shakes. The chocolate tastes like chocolate milk, and since i cant drink milk any more i absolutely love it. I drink them every day for breakfast and i don't even think about food for 4 or so hours. some times i drink them for lunch, and eat a health snack them dinner. i would recommend them, but you cant just drink them to lose weight. you need at least 1200 cals a day, healthy foods, and exercise.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Bah, Slim Fast is an adequate shake. I work at 5 AM and drink them for breakfast. It's a matter of personal taste.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Is mealreplacementshakes.com your website, or one of your friends' websites? It has got to be the sketchiest looking website ever. "MEALRE PLEASEMENT SHAKES" come on. You're a Beachbody coach and you're looking at sketchy websites with no About Me section? It's a wordpress site with only multilevel marketing (like Beachbody) products with the oldest post only from March 24th, no comments on any post, and each one has a sketchy text description about how it may be MLM, but it's totally legit.

I call bull. Even if you aren't advertising products directly, you're advertising a site (your site, probably) that is selling them.

Reported.