WTF is "Eating Right"?

Options
13»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If It Fits In Your Macros.

all other ways to eat are based on this and an additional restriction.

??? How so. I'd bet that the vast majority of people have no idea of their macronutrient breakdown.

The people on this site have access to a tool that allows them to not just see the calories they are consuming, but the macro breakdown. And most people on this site (the vast majority) are using MFP for the calorie counting tool. So if they have no idea what their macro breakdown is, they are either not logging consistently or need to take some time to research what data is actually available on this site.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    blah
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
    Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two
    The Candy Man, oh the Candy Man can
    The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in a sigh
    Soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie
    The Candy Man, the Candy Man can
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    What is right? What works for me may not work for you. How do you know what works for you? How do you know what doesn't? To me, I don't think there is a universal "way to eat". And the question, "Are you eating to live or living to eat?" is a very valid question. WHY do you choose to eat the foods that you eat? Because of studies done that you've read on? Because a celebrity eats that way? Because your doctor told you so?

For my fellow MFP'ers, why do you eat what you eat?

Whatever works well for you.
    Trying it.
    I eat to live.
    No on the last 2 questions. I eat what I want.
    I'm trying to gain weight though. I just watch my micros, fat and protein. Try to get enough sodium and sugar in too, low blood pressure.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
    Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two
    The Candy Man, oh the Candy Man can

Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in a sigh
    Soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie
    The Candy Man, the Candy Man can

The Candy Man makes everything he bakes satisfying and delicious
    Now you talk about your childhood wishes, you can even eat the dishes
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I eat, because I would die if I didn't. Also, I like food...especially chocolate. It makes my tongue feel good.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    it's putting food in your mouth, chewing it and swallowing it. If you're putting food anywhere else, you're doing it wrong.

LIES! Because South Park!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what works for me. I wont eat some fake diet food that is lower in whatever .. if it tastes nasty just to save calories, fat or carbs i refuse to eat them. i.e. diet soda pop. tastes like bad medicine. I'll drink water over diet pop.

right now im focusing on eating moderate carbs, and since i just started this mid February, it seems to be working for me. I dont know if this is water weight or fat loss, but im losing about 3 pounds a week.. but i just started, it eventually will go to 2 pounds a week. I seem to be doing well with the lower carbs than when i tried this not regarding them.

I know that i could probably eat some other food, but because of several things, I choose to eat something else. I do not do the everything in moderation, and I don't want anyone to encourage me to do so just because they can or think im going to binge because they think thats the gospel truth - it may be for them, but not necessarily so for me.. I have to do what is right for me and not let anyone try to change that.

I'm learning what works better for me, i.e. too much fat during the day makes me sick. i.e. i had a fritatta, sausage for breakfast and i had a salad with too much ranch dressing and i got sick from the high fat content for the day. I do better with food like you eat after you've had the flu and are staring to eat again, i.e. fruit, yogurt, and lighter food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want to eat…hit my macros and depending on what i am doing I stay in deficit, maintenance, or surplus….

my diary is open …
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat delicious, delicious food... And all of it is right. It makes me happy with it taste, and taking care of it while I cook it, and by the end of the week, I've meet my calorie and macro goals.

In my opinion, eat varied (so you get the different micronutrients etc.), roughly hit your macros (what ever they may be, within reason), and keep hydrated, that should be right enough. Then you can alway further tweak it to make it work better for you.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    it's putting food in your mouth, chewing it and swallowing it. If you're putting food anywhere else, you're doing it wrong.

Well, you're no fun...
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Well, you're no fun...

Haha too funny!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Well, you're no fun...

not necessarily no fun..... if you put food anywhere other than in your mouth, it's not "eating", even if it's fun....