Replies

• jenk7356
    jenk7356 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Check this out: Katie Runs This shoe lacing techniques - http://katierunsthis.com/2011/10/04/running-shoe-lacing-techniques/

Thank you for this!!! I tried it for the first time today and it was the first time I didn't have to stop at some point to retie my shoes.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You can always give yourself a pedicure! You can get all the supplies you need yourself! You can also get some vitamin-enriched nail polishes to help with your nail issues. But I agree with the rest of the posters, you need to figure out why! Maybe see a podiatrist?
  • ccmiller89
    Options
    You need to go to RunnersWorld.com...it is a great site and the magazine is really good too. They have a questionnaire on the site that you fill out about your feet that helps you pick the correct pair of shoes. Some of the shoes are expensive but some are cheap...you just have to pick what is best for you. I wrote the shoes down and went to my closest shoe store and tried them on. I do not have any issues with my feet and running.

You can also try some Green Tea foot cream. It has mint in it and helps circulation. I am NOT a doctor and these are just things that have worked for me!

Good luck!
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have done all of the above. I guess I will just suffer with ugly feet.

Maybe its time to get fitted at the store. You may not have the right shoe for your foot. I'm assuming if you've only been running 1.5 years, you aren't covering insane distances for either marathon training or ultras. Even so, after I got properly fitted I did not have that issue ever again.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just do the best I can. Ugly feet just comes with the territory :-/

Good shoes, proper socks and I use a pumice stone to scrub them once a week really good.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with my toenails a while back and my dr said it was trauma to the nail due to the constant pressure/bumping/rubbing against the shoe. She said to make sure I keep my nails cut short, even behind the skin line.. they skin will recede as you do this. Ever since then I've had no issues. Perhaps this will help with your nail issue. Other than that, soak your feet in some epsom salts after you run, use a good thick lotion and put socks on to help keep them soft and moisturized