Stay at Home Mom Looking for Friends

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 27 years old and wanting to lose around 40 pounds. I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated! We will be trying for our third and final baby soon, and I'd love to get rid of the weight from the first two! I'm looking forward to this journey and would love to have some people to share it with :)

Replies

• KristenMarieRuffles
    KristenMarieRuffles Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I saw your post and thought I'd shoot a response as we have quite a bit in common! I am 28 (about to be 29) I have about 44-49 lbs to lose right now and one of my motivations is my husband and I would like to have our third and final baby but I have yet to lose all the weight from the first two and would like to get healthy before going down that path one final time! I stay at home while my boys are at school/daycare and my husband works...i have very few friends in the city I live in and thought this community could be a good place to go to make friends to complete the journey with! :)
  • lift_your_life
    lift_your_life Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey there, would like to join here as well. But, I still have no kids, yet :), but have around 28lbs to lose.

I strength train 3 times a week and do cardio on other three days followed by a rest day. What fitness programs are you going with?
  • ArmyWife4106
    Options
    Hi am 34 mother of 4 girls. I have been with fitness pal off and on for a while but for the last month I have stayed focused. I do a mixture of Beachbody programs as well as lots of walking. If you'd like feel free to add me, always looking for motivation and helping others in their journey.
  • Wanting3
    Wanting3 Posts: 48
    Options
    In response to Omni

I just started a cardio and strength training dvd. I do cardio Mon,Wed, and Fri. Strength training on Tue, Thu, and Sat. My rest day is on Sunday. So it sounds like our workouts are pretty similar :)
  • lift_your_life
    lift_your_life Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yes, that's true :) . Once a week on one of the cardio days, I try to do the Jillian Michaels Fat Blast cardio burnout video from youtube. It's *kitten* kicking workout. without even realizing I burn around 700 calories minimum in 55mins. you should give it a try sometime.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am a 24yr old SAHM wirh two littles and need to lose 35-40lbs as well.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've already met some great people here! I'm just getting started and have 50-100 pounds to lose. I have a very active toddler and I work from home part time. I'm going to start by just logging my food and working in exercise when I can, like by taking my daughter for walks. As I lose weight I'm going to have to figure out a way to get more workouts in. That's one of my biggest challenges because I do my job while my daughter is sleeping so would need to find a babysitter for her so I can work out. Best wishes to you!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great already. We're here to help you, and the others.

I'm a mom of two and have struggled at times also. Its hard! Although I work outside the home too.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm a WAHM (I do a bit of crafts for sale) with two girls. I'm 26.5 and my girls are 4.5 and 8mos. I'm about 250lbs now at 5'6" and I'm looking to get down to about 175lbs so I have about 75lbs more to go. I've already lost 40lbs so far. We're done with kids though, two are enough for us haha.

Good luck! :)
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 22 and also a stay at home mommy. I would love to try for another baby by the end of the year, but I need to lose the weight first! I lost 50 pounds before my first pregnancy, so I know I can do it! I'm super active on here with my friends and on the forums. Definitely someone who is sticking around for the long haul!