Plexus slim. does it work

Options
Hey everyone . I just started on plexus slim drink and acceleration to help me with weight loss. I know it takes exercise and eating right in order to loose but I needed an extra boost . The weight is just not coming off..wondering if anyone on here does plexus and is it working for youm.any changes ? Thanks . By the way I could always use more new friends to.encourage me. Feel.free to add

Replies

• Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "Work" can be somewhat subjective. Since it's taken before a meal, it could probably help you eat less at your meal, so that part I would say yes, it could be a helpful tool. (Although learning to control yourself, and figure out portion size is probably better and definitely cheap in the long run.)

But the "proven" ingredients have never been proven by any real science that could be duplicated over and over with the same results. Nor been published in any peer-reviewed weight loss or health journal. Nor can it (or any product) target fat. That's not really how metabolism works.

If you work out and eat right along with it, it could help, but I wouldn't use it as a crutch.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone . I just started on plexus slim drink and acceleration to help me with weight loss. I know it takes exercise and eating right in order to loose but I needed an extra boost . The weight is just not coming off..wondering if anyone on here does plexus and is it working for youm.any changes ? Thanks . By the way I could always use more new friends to.encourage me. Feel.free to add

Looks like just another weight loss gimmick if you ask me. The only purpose a beverage can serve is to aid in giving nutrients in a fast like a meal replacement, but black or green tea - served as is or with Stevia to replace sugar - is still the best thing to suppress appetite and actually help your body to burn fat cells and give energy in return. Coffee is also really, really good for this.
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall
  • graceful130
    graceful130 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've taken Plexus since last August and I love it. The problem is that Plexus is much more a 'get healthy' drink instead of a 'weight loss' drink. Yes, it will help you lose weight but it's main job is to level out sugar and cholesterol levels and get your insides working properly. My blood pressure is back to normal, my borderline sugar is now on the low side and steady and AS A BONUS, I've lost 30 lbs.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficits and exercise only works.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Plexus Slim is a joke...and it will not work. Reduce your calories (you do not need to do with with powdered crap) and get some form of exercise in for long-term, HEALTHY weight loss! :D
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @chestnut - seriously...you need to get your *kitten* off of the computer, stop trying to make a few bucks in sales and perhaps if you exercised instead, you would lose weight without needing to buy/work for products that do not work and only are used by the ignorant.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Plexus Slim by itself is not for major weight loss, it must be paired with another Plexus product called Accelerator.
    If you're needing an extra boost of energy you need to take the Plexus product called the XFactor, it's the mega multi-vitamin. If you're wanting to lose weight, you need to use the Plexus Slim and pair it with their product called Accelerator.
    You need to talk to your Plexus Ambassador. She/he should have told you to do the "Candida" spit test. If you have Candida it could be hindering your weight loss efforts. The Plexus product that clears Candida symptoms up is called ProBio5. Once you've rid yourself of Candida your body is able to lose weight freely.

I think this right here is all the evidence you need that the product doesn't work. There's always going to be something else holding back your weight loss and something else you need to buy in order to fix it.

Amen
  • JensRiot
    JensRiot Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have many friends taking Plexus. Most have not lost ANY weight. Those that have are losing at an extremely slow pace (think 4 pounds in 3 months) or are actually changing their lifestyle to eat less and be more active. When they first began the drink, and pills, and probiotic, and biocleanse...am I leaving anything out?...they were constantly talking and posting about the weight loss benefits of the drink. Now that no one is actually losing any weight, the tune has changed to whole body health. Let's be real people, they don't call it Plexus Health, the point is to get Slim, and it doesn't deliver.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide, keep In Mind there is no magic pill, shake, diet... It's all a gimmick! Eat a clean diet within your macros and you will do just fine! :)

To me it's very expensive, you can spend that money on good food and exercise equipment or gym membership ;)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Track accurately, exercise (if you want), rest, have patience. Anything sold for weight loss is unneeded wastes of money. There are many people who've lost 100's of pounds just calorie counting diligently and finding an exercise they enjoy. Save your money and go with something you can do for your whole life. Not some gimmick.
    This information right here was the key for me. It opened my eyes. I truly hope you don't fall prey to the scams and lies of diet pills, fad diets, and nonsense

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    spend your money on fresh healthy produce and foods instead. plexus is a gimmick scam. do your research on the product and you will see there is no back up proof that it will make you loose weight. there is no magic cure, just healthy eating and more exercise will help you achieve your goals.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Plexus Slim by itself is not for major weight loss, it must be paired with another Plexus product called Accelerator.
    If you're needing an extra boost of energy you need to take the Plexus product called the XFactor, it's the mega multi-vitamin. If you're wanting to lose weight, you need to use the Plexus Slim and pair it with their product called Accelerator.
    You need to talk to your Plexus Ambassador. She/he should have told you to do the "Candida" spit test. If you have Candida it could be hindering your weight loss efforts. The Plexus product that clears Candida symptoms up is called ProBio5. Once you've rid yourself of Candida your body is able to lose weight freely.

I think this right here is all the evidence you need that the product doesn't work. There's always going to be something else holding back your weight loss and something else you need to buy in order to fix it.

True..and really sad.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    There's no quick fix. If any product really truly worked, do you think we'd all be here on a calorie counting site? You have to eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. You don't need any of these pills, powders, or whatever. Eat less, and you'll lose weight.
  • gctest
    gctest Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is all mind over matter. If you dont mind being fat and out of shape it doesn't matter. If you do mind it will matter and you will change your ways.

If you eat a candy bar for lunch and that is all you eat you will lose weight because a 300 calorie Snickers bar is less than the 2000 calories you are pounding at McDonalds. Maybe I should start a diet trend and start MLMing it. Who is with me? LOL! Snickers for lunch, lose weight, feel great!!!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Multiple snake oil products obviously work so much better......
    This is just shameful.