30DS logging

Options
I'm hoping to start 30ds today (amazon have promised me my DVD today) but I was wondering what people log this as in their exercise diary?

I have a few more dancy workout DVDs n just log as dancing.

Sadly I haven't a HRM, they're so expensive (unless someone knows of some reasonable reliable cheap ones), I am looking at one on eBay.

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I log mine as circuit training. Good luck and enjoy :)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I log mine as circuit training. Good luck and enjoy :)

me too.
  • bunnypanther
    Options

what sort of cals are you using up? Know it's different for everyone but always felt a bit disappointed by the fact that 30 mins on the crosstrainer was more calories burnt than my exercise DVDs! Which are about 45 min or so and leave me a limp, dripping rag, whereas the crosstrainer, I got breathless n sweaty but didn't feel like I was about to die!! :D

Note: my crosstrainer has HRM in it so would assume cals were accurately calculated.
  • RhysJ13
    RhysJ13 Posts: 72
    Options
    Misread the title as 30Ds...

Nevermind.

*leaves topic*
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much you are willing to spend on a HRM, but I got a polar f4 and an f7 for my wife and I on Amazon for around $60 each new. Most retail stores have the same thing from $90-$125.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

what sort of cals are you using up? Know it's different for everyone but always felt a bit disappointed by the fact that 30 mins on the crosstrainer was more calories burnt than my exercise DVDs! Which are about 45 min or so and leave me a limp, dripping rag, whereas the crosstrainer, I got breathless n sweaty but didn't feel like I was about to die!! :D

Note: my crosstrainer has HRM in it so would assume cals were accurately calculated.

I found a 30 Day Shred Calorieburn Calculation on Pinterest! (not sure if accurate or not, but it was close to what Map my Fitness and MFP had for "video workout" and circuit training for my stats)

(Your Weight) X 503 divided by 154 = Calories burned on Level 1 in an hour.

If you divide that number by 3 you'll have the amount of calories you burn in 20 minutes.

http://fabulously-fit.tumblr.com/post/30534958155/silkandsugar-i-was-almost-right-110-calories

*again not sure how accurate or reliable this source is.

:)
  • micamoco
    micamoco Posts: 6
    Options
    I wear a HRM and burn around 250 calories on average doing a half hour of Jillian's workouts. I am doing Total Body Revolution right now.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to log food and excersice. I am doing 30DS as well and log it as circuit training. Level 1is 24 minutes long. I dont count the cool down which is 3 additional minutes.
    Anyway i downloaded the Jillian Michaels app, basically i saw that its just like MFP and decided to stick with MFP, What i do like about the JM app, and i DO use is that it tells you how much you are burning based on YOUR weight.
    Here on MFP a 210 lb person and a 130 lb (me) person, can log "circuit training" and will both get the same amount of calories burned, which is not accurate.
    So i use Jillian Michaels app to compare and adjust as necessary. I like that it considers how much you weigh to give you amount of calories burned, and I like that as choices you have most of here dvd and levels. Much more accurate I feel.
    So for example i log 24 minutes of 30DS level 1 on JM app, result = 164 calories (im 128 lbs now)
    Now on MFP i have to log 21 minutes of circuit training to get to the same 164 calories.
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    Seems my windows phone won't let me have that app (its rubbish, can't even get candy crush!!) boo :(

Am 156lb and got just over 200 cals logged as circuit training, so doesn't sound a million miles off...

But, I've had my first go! Woo!

My legs feel wibbly....

Just another 29 to go... :D
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the important thing is give it your all.
    At first I could barely get through 15 modified push-ups, Now I do 20 of the regular ones and I am like easy!!! challenge me some more! ha ha.
    But definitely a great work out, kicks your butt in 24 minutes. You can do 24 minutes of anything. It will be worth it.
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    I struggled with even modified push Ups, but did my best! Upper body strength is feeble!! Also had to rest once during cardio, but hoping I'll get better...think I went a tad full on with the skipping to start water ith! Had to stop n have a swig of water for a wee bit. But am giving myself points for carrying on...did think for a few moments (am hideously unfit) "sod it, where's the crisps!!" but am proud I finished.

At least tomorrow I know what to expect :D
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6, 120ish, and only burned about 120-140 doing 30 Day Shred.