P90X and Cardio

Options
Hi,

My name is Alyssa and I'm 20 years old. I just started the P90X program yesterday and along with that I will be doing cardio daily. Is anyone else doing the P90X program? I would like to hear from anyone who may be trying that workout! :)

Replies

• alex51026
    Options
    I'm think i'm getting P90x for Christmas and will start after the 1st of January, so we can do it together!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi Alyssa, I'll be starting my third time on 1/8. I've set up a thread on beachbody. There are a bunch of folks who are going to join the the tread so we can motivate each other as well as ask questions etc. Its called 3rd times a charm but it doesn't matter if you've never done it or you've done 19 times. Its fun to do it with other people no matter where you are in the program.

iyou can join for free at beachbodycoach.com/murf19 click the join window and then click join for free. fill out info and in the referal coach box type murf19. Then your good to go. one signed up, jump on the thread. look forward to seeing your progress.

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/81737137 this is the thread.
  • brandis72
    Options
    I love the p90x workout videos, but I don't follow just their program. I am also a runner and use that as my main cardio and the p90x as my toning.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I love the p90x workout videos, but I don't follow just their program. I am also a runner and use that as my main cardio and the p90x as my toning.

This is what I want to do! I have done 1 1/2 rounds of p90x and I run......I am hoping to combine the two in Jan! I would be interested to see how you are doing it.

P90X is excellent by itself!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I really hope that you use the plyometric DVD as well. It has been shown in many studies that plyometrics improves running.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Excellent. there is no ploblem with that. I always switch the p90x and one on one dvd's in and out of other workouts. Keeps everything fresh
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am starting my 2nd round of P90X on January 3rd. I will be doing a hybrid of Couch to 5k and P90X. Subbing in the running for the non-resistance training days of P90X.
  • stylishgirl2
    Options
    @alex51026- Great! I'm so glad to hear someone else is starting around the same time! Be sure to keep me updated. Are you doing the program to lose weight or just for toning?
  • stylishgirl2
    Options
    @murf19- Yeah, this is my 1st time trying P90X. I did the first workout yesterday and liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing some improvement in the weeks to come. I'm hoping that I won't get discouraged and give up. I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds so I added in about 30 mintues of cardio daily to help with that. I didn't purchase the diet plan but I'm hoping that keeping my calorie intake under 1200 and eating healthy will help me lose the weight.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm going back to using my p90X in this month, slowly. Nursing a knee injury right now. But mainly for the upped body workout and core, while allow my knee to rest.
  • edorice
    Options
    @murf19- Yeah, this is my 1st time trying P90X. I did the first workout yesterday and liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing some improvement in the weeks to come. I'm hoping that I won't get discouraged and give up. I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds so I added in about 30 mintues of cardio daily to help with that. I didn't purchase the diet plan but I'm hoping that keeping my calorie intake under 1200 and eating healthy will help me lose the weight.

If you're going to follow the entire P90X workout program to the letter you're going to need to eat more than 1,200 calories a day.
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey !! Is anyone starting P90x come february? I move to seattle on the 23rd so I cannot think of starting until the first. Also doing the C25K anyone interested?
  • edorice
    Options
    Hey !! Is anyone starting P90x come february? I move to seattle on the 23rd so I cannot think of starting until the first. Also doing the C25K anyone interested?

I'm sure there will be a thread starting here for February Starters. Many C25K people as well. You can use the search button to find the threads.
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I am horrible at searching things! I looked under P90x and C25K but no recent topics were found (2 months ago latest) except for this one! I'll wait until late january ....I stated a topic for seattle area workout buddies no one seems to reply =*( lol
  • AnikaMJ
    Options
    I started this week. Am currently just doing P90X so that I can get back into an exercise routine that will stick when I get back to my regular schedule.