Macro help!!!!

Options
I weigh 219 I have 80 pounds to lose. I workout sometimes twice a day. Usually am quick cardio. Then go back in the evening for weights and 15 minutes cardio. I set myself at 1500 calories a day. So far I'm doing great. But I'm confused with macro a and how you do the split?

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    You seem a bit low on the calories.
    Macros general rule to thumb is P = 1 gr / lb of bodyweight, F = minimum 0.4 / 0.45 gr / lb of bdwt rest are carbs.
    However you need to find out what works best for you and what your body needs to achieve your goals based on the activity levels and timings you have.
  • ccarpenter80
    Options
    Thanks I agree I think I may need to up the calories
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have my macros set @ 30/30/40 for carbs/protein/fat. However, protein should be @ 1/2 your body weight in grams. It's easy to remember, since your water should be the same, too, only in oz.

Based on your tdee average, subtract 1000 for 2 lb/week loss & 500 for 1 lbs/week loss. Don't eat more than that amount. If you have a fitbit, it's easy to calculate that amount.
  • ccarpenter80
    Options
    Very helpful thank you!
  • Frofame
    Frofame Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a quick question. I'm 150lbs and today is day 9 for me on MFP. Initially I was allowed 1340 calories. I woke up this morning and that number changed to 1560???
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I followed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUfyZ7XZcIY

20lbs down so far...

Good luck!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Considering you're working out twice a day, I'd recommend 1g of protein per lbs of body weight, between 0.4 and 0.45 of fat per 1lb of body weight, and the remainer carbs.
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question. I'm 150lbs and today is day 9 for me on MFP. Initially I was allowed 1340 calories. I woke up this morning and that number changed to 1560???

You will get faster answers if you create your own post instead of trying to hijack someone else's post.
  • Frofame
    Frofame Posts: 6
    Options
    O thank you. It's only day 10 for me here? I'm usually on here from my phone so maybe if someone was NICE enough to give me insight I'd be happy to. I didn't think the question was deep enough to waste a thread on anyways thats why i just threw it out there. Thank you so much you were very helpful. Have a blessed day.