Need suggestions... nauseated during workout.

Options
Hi everyone!

So just like the post says I need some tips/tricks on what to have (or not to have) prior to intense workout. I tried on an empty stomach and that doesn't seem to bad but if I am unable to get my workout in first thing when I wake up that typically will not happen. Once I have food, it has been a bit more carbs then protein, nausea sets in about 1/2 way through . I should let you know that I'm doing T25 right now so it is a bit intense combined with cardio and 2x weight session at the gym.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Replies

• suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your nausea. That is my least favorite physical feeling. I am NOT an intense exerciser yet. I think it's a miracle that I can do 6 hours of yoga, walking, and dancing every week. However, I just read this article about what to eat before workouts, yesterday. It says that before more intense exercise, to eat some easy-to-digest carbs (a packet of instant grits, a slice of toast, half a plain bagel, a banana, or a cup of fruit cocktail washed down with a glass of water) to help provide fuel.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/what-eat-before-during-after-exercise
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If I read your post correctly, all I can suggest is trying to put more time in between eating and working out.. For me that is at least an hour.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    If I read your post correctly, all I can suggest is trying to put more time in between eating and working out.. For me that is at least an hour.

yup.
  • bounce813
    bounce813 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will say this: Leg workouts have a tendency to make you feel a bit dizzy and nauseated. I would hydrate well before your workout and eat a little something as well. Leg's are a big muscle. If you are referring to anything other than legs, the same principle could very well apply due to your intensity.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

yup.

Double yup. Go easy on fluids beforehand too. I'm always a little parched during cardio, and only take tiny sips of water if I absolutely have too. Otherwise, I get the "sloshies" and feel gross.
  • holleysgirl
    holleysgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually had a trainer tell me to eat an orange before my workouts to help avoid this. She didn't explain why, but I did find that it helped! Not a nice feeling for sure....that or the headache that sometimes comes with working hard.
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options

yup.

Double yup. Go easy on fluids beforehand too. I'm always a little parched during cardio, and only take tiny sips of water if I absolutely have too. Otherwise, I get the "sloshies" and feel gross.

+3

High proteine meal 1 or 2 hours prior & and water lots and lots of water before, during and after