NO more BEER

Options
I am on day 30 of no Beer. I have lost 3.5 inches on my waste and 13 pounds while gaining .5 inches on my quads and keeping my biceps the same size. So I know that I have basically lost fat. I "replaced" my beer with A &W Diet Root Beer - for now.
It taste great and is "less filling" :)

I should say......I drank Sierra Nevada Torpedo Indian Pale Ale. It has 260 calories for each bottle. I drank 30 bottles a week.
So I basically cut 7800 calories a week from my diet. I have not changed my otherwise healthy diet. I am a biker who is training for races in the summer and fall. I also do long walks in the woods (hills) with my two Corgies and lift weights at home.

I biked 32 miles this past week and I am feeling a HUGE difference.

1. I no longer and burning off alcohol the first few miles.
2. I can go faster since I weight less.
3. Going to the bathroom is AMAZING. I pee better. I am guessing this is because my body doesn't have to work at dealing with the beer?
4. I sleep better
5. I am richer since I save $45 a week which means I spent $2340 a year on BEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Congratz
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've done a good job! My husband has to test a gluten free diet for one month and is suffering the 'no beer' blues :wink:
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was never really a drinker until a couple months ago I tasted Chelada's OMG I love them . I drank almost every day for three weeks then when I got back up to work ( 3 and 3 schedule ) I had gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks !! Now I limit myself to 2 nights every 3 weeks ... too many calories . Congrats !!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a big change!
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Thanks folks. But you all realize 30 beers a week is A LOT OF BEER!

:)

I have not been out to eat at a restaurant in those 30 days but I am open to drinking a beer with my dinner. So I have not given up 100%.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Oof..I don't drink beer..I don't like the taste. Not only that, but the bubbles make me feel so bloated. Same for champagne.

Congrats on your success!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    you tell me that you love me then you push me away. no more... Oh... never mind
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Did a 26 mile bike ride which has a very steep and steady climb from mile 16 - 20. Usually that climb wipes me out and I coast the last 6 miles but today I soared up the hill and had plenty left over.
  • b2kelly
    b2kelly Posts: 62
    Options
    I swapped out beer for other substances with 0 calories that get you to the same place! Best decision I have ever made.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've done a good job! My husband has to test a gluten free diet for one month and is suffering the 'no beer' blues :wink:

There are actually a few gluten free lines of beers, and some pale ales are such! Check it out. :)
  • zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you missed one.. you are no longer considered an alcoholic. :D
  • edstreiff
    edstreiff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too gave up on beer as well, its great tasting but its just too many empty calories, if I am going to have a drink its usually bacardi silver on the rocks, only 65 calories.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That's something I haven't been willing to do as of yet. I don't drink during the week, but the weekends, I usually have at least a twelve pack. Keep it up.
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Hah. well, I don't think I was an alcoholic........I think it would have been a lot harder to do this.........also, I have no craving for it......

But yeah, In some circles its borderline alcoholic based on consumption........but its weird my doctor and shrink both said they drink about 3 servings a night of alcohol.

:)
  • kevingrant1
    kevingrant1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I Love IPA!
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This thread is incendiary and sad and just plain wrong. I will pray for all of you.

:drinker:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    This thread is incendiary and sad and just plain wrong. I will pray for all of you.

:drinker:
    Agreed, although I have cut back. I have a splurge night that I'm always over on calories (trivia at the bar), but I try and stay somewhat reasonable and limit myself to 2 beers. Other than that, I try to only have two beers a week at home, and usually it fits into my daily calories.
  • kevingrant1
    kevingrant1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I swapped out beer for other substances with 0 calories that get you to the same place! Best decision I have ever made.

Legal substances? Do tell.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had to cut back on the beer, as someone else said: too many empty calories. But, when I decide to enjoy it, I'm damn well going to enjoy it!

And wine

And scotch

And gin

And rye

And vodka

(not all mixed together though, that would be excessive)

/cheers
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy I tell you!

Ok fine.....

If that was something you felt you needed to do, good job! I actually started brewing my own beer and really only have a single bottle every couple of days if that. Haven't really have a "cheat" day yet so we'll see if that changes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!